Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM 930 aftermarket lifter?

two shoes

:D

Yep, understood. I've designed and had a few parts made (non firearm) in the past, and the whole qty vs price can get pretty insane, as you saw. I saw some variation between shops, usually those flooded with work didn't want to touch under a thousand units, for example, while smaller/less busy would do somewhat smaller numbers without the massive price jump. It may be worth shopping around to see if you can get the same price but at a qty < 100.

Either way, you can try setting up a poll, being more specific, and see where it lands. Looks like some are certainly interested, but price comes into it, as well as the numbers - as you mention, cash in hand and willing to pre-pay is different than 'I'm Interested.' Hope it's able to happen, but understand if the #s just aren't there..

A poll is a great idea, thanks rtp.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

don't know if it's true or not as i will be picking up my jm pro this weekend, but i read that if you call mossberg/maverick and ask them to sell you the lifter as a stand alone item they will. i heard for around $27 bucks. they will ask for the serial number... i haven't tried it yet, but i will as soon as i get mine in hand. they talked about it here http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195873 . but i would be interested in one that was already ready to drop in if its out there. if not i will see if my uncle can weld on one and i will grind and buff it myself

don't know if it's true or not as i will be picking up my jm pro this weekend, but i read that if you call mossberg/maverick and ask them to sell you the lifter as a stand alone item they will. i heard for around $27 bucks. they will ask for the serial number... i haven't tried it yet, but i will as soon as i get mine in hand. they talked about it here http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195873 . but i would be interested in one that was already ready to drop in if its out there. if not i will see if my uncle can weld on one and i will grind and buff it myself

yes they will sell just the lifter to you.