Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salient Arms Tier 1 M&P

Cundiff5535

Do you want a work horse or show pony? Either way you can beat this gun in its price range. This gun fills a hole of I am a ______ fan boy and want the most expensive _______ I can buy.

I had a SAI and the whole experience was a nightmare. Now that is just my experience but I sold my gun at a loss.

Yeah, I definitely hear you guys... I am typically a 1911 guy so even considering a poly makes me smh...

I would like to train with it though... no competition, more tactical training. I do not want to use a 1911 for that. I do not think a 2011 is ideal for tactical training either?

I am sure I could just throw in Apex parts, KKM barrel and have something somewhat similar to it... I dont know though. Since I have used M&P pistols with Apex stuff I know what I am getting... I have no idea when it comes to the product Salient puts out (Although, I have played with there Tier 1 Benelli M2 and it was awesome).

I'm interested in the trigger alone.. I love my Apex in my M&P pro but I'm really interested in the flat trigger design and they claim a shorter reset. Would like a full Tier 1 built but for that kind of dough, you could get a 2011 or a nice Wilson Combat/Ed Brown

I finished this econo M&P Limited/Major tupper-gun. Did the whole thing in about 30 days, under $1500 total. Shot my first USPSA match yesterday. Moved up 15% from average, probably since my crappy shots score more now

Found the 40L Pro on GB.com for $575. The rest consists of...

1. Polishing of trigger components and hook adjustment.
2. Slide porting, nose job and Cerakoting by DPCustomWorks.com
3. Adjustable FO sights by Williams Gun Sight Co
4. Red grip insert by DamatoCustomStippling.com
5. APEX FSS Trigger (Poly), USB and comp springs. (RAM too).
6. KKM Drop in Match Barrel.
7. Speed Shooters Brass Magwell and Brass pin.
8. Extended Mag Release (Costa Catalyst) by 21st Century.
9. Tungsten Recoil Rod with 15 and 17lb springs (to see if either is better).
10. 5 Taran Tactical magazine extenders 140mm - 20 rnd
11. 4 additional magazines to make 6 total.
A-Hatchling_8.jpg
A-Hatchling_7.jpg
A-Hatchling_9.jpg

Kind of reminds me of the guy that puts $3000 worth of wheels and tries on a $500 car. He still has a car $500 car. Don't get me wrong.......I like the M&P platform for what it is and what you can do with it. I have purchased six M&Ps and currently still have five of the six.

OK, OK, maybe I have slicked a few of them up a bit.

Wow... $2600 puts you into the realm of other platforms that may be better choices such as high end CZ's, Sig X-5's, custom Glocks, etc. I have M&P's and like them, but I would not have a $2600 M&P with the other choices available for the same or less money.

I'm interested in the trigger alone.. I love my Apex in my M&P pro but I'm really interested in the flat trigger design and they claim a shorter reset. Would like a full Tier 1 built but for that kind of dough, you could get a 2011 or a nice Wilson Combat/Ed Brown

I just built up a couple of my M&Ps with the Apex FSS trigger kit (w/ aluminum trigger). The improvement is night and day - short travel/reset, crisp break... almost a 1911 trigger. One gun is a 5" 9mm for 3-Gun, the other a 5".40S&W for USPSA Limited (also has brass magwell and tungsten guide rod). The FSS kit makes a huge improvement for only about $150.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I finished this econo M&P Limited/Major tupper-gun. Did the whole thing in about 30 days, under $1500 total. Shot my first USPSA match yesterday. Moved up 15% from average, probably since my crappy shots score more now

Found the 40L Pro on GB.com for $575. The rest consists of...

1. Polishing of trigger components and hook adjustment.

2. Slide porting, nose job and Cerakoting by DPCustomWorks.com

3. Adjustable FO sights by Williams Gun Sight Co

4. Red grip insert by DamatoCustomStippling.com

5. APEX FSS Trigger (Poly), USB and comp springs. (RAM too).

6. KKM Drop in Match Barrel.

7. Speed Shooters Brass Magwell and Brass pin.

8. Extended Mag Release (Costa Catalyst) by 21st Century.

9. Tungsten Recoil Rod with 15 and 17lb springs (to see if either is better).

10. 5 Taran Tactical magazine extenders 140mm - 20 rnd

11. 4 additional magazines to make 6 total.

A-Hatchling_8.jpg

A-Hatchling_7.jpg

A-Hatchling_9.jpg

Congrats on having one of the most bada$$ M&Ps I've ever seen....love it.

No, way SAI tier one is getting that from me. Here is mine and I will put it up to the SAI any day. AND mine cost way less. Oh, and be sure to look at the trigger. Its a SAI and there is nothing like it.

Love that too...you guys are killing me. I love my 5 M&Ps...need to slick up mine a bit.

No, way SAI tier one is getting that from me. Here is mine and I will put it up to the SAI any day. AND mine cost way less. Oh, and be sure to look at the trigger. Its a SAI and there is nothing like it.

Ken who cut the slide, what kind of barrel is that, is the SAI trigger for $285 worth it?

Well the trigger is expensive. But that said, while they say its a drop in install they ask me to send them my gun. They had it a week, and they installed my trigger and set it to run at 2.5# pull. The only pre travel if you call it that is when pulling the trigger you press back on the safety release lever, the its breaks just like my 1911. So they did a great job, they paid the freight back as well.

I am happy and plan on doing another.

For $2600 there is no way. There are quite a few other options out there. I would look at an Edge or an Eagle for that price range and not look back. Simple trigger job on factory parts gives a killer trigger and doesn't break the bank. I will say that is a sexy MP, Mod1 firearms also does slide serrations close to the salient ones and a heck of a lot cheaper

Edited by Iceman2733

I love the way those guns look and I hope they shoot as nice as they look, but I could not see myself spending $2000 more on a $500 gun. If I had money just falling our of my pockets, sure, why not. For now, give me a Limited 2011 for that price.

Hey guys, can anyone give me detailed info on the barrel that is in Ken Birds pistol? I am going to send the M&P to Salient for trigger work but, thats it. I will mess with the slide on a mill but, I really like that barrel.

Can anyone give me info on it?

Thanks

Hey guys, can anyone give me detailed info on the barrel that is in Ken Birds pistol? I am going to send the M&P to Salient for trigger work but, thats it. I will mess with the slide on a mill but, I really like that barrel.

Can anyone give me info on it?

Thanks

IIRC, its just a KKM that he had coated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk