Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Awful drivers - snowy roads

JayDee

Today it took 1 hour to drive 8 miles to work. There were 3 inches of snow, it was slick, but not that bad. People in ditches, speeding past slow cars on the shoulder. Bald tires, bad attitudes, low skill levels…..

there, I'm done.

And the armature driving season begins once again. Funny how they all forgot how to drive in just 7 months.

Not really. In Colorado, we call them Kalifornicators or Illinoids. Hopefully we have a bad winter that drives back to where they came from.

A couple years back driving to (and from) Kansas City for Christmas, after about 7 inches of snowfall (and subsequent plowing) I witnessed no fewer than 8 accidents in the space of 4 hours. Some folks just fell off the road or into the wrong side of the road with no damage done, but some speed demon rolled an SUV off a guardrail on I-70. No injuries.

Mark,

Your're right, even in CA we refer to them as Flatlanders. Still driving like they are in LA, but on Sierra Cement :rolleyes: And they wonder why we just start closing the roads during storm events now. Had one PASS the plow doing 60+ WITH CHAINS. And they don't get it that snow conditions change :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Move to NC. I moved here a year ago from WV and we had a "winter storm" last year and had ice on the roads the next morning. I had an all wheel drive car and drove on much worse roads since I started driving but I could count on my fingers how many cars I passed on a 2 hour drive.

Don't be jerks, its genetic. I am incapable of driving in snow. One of the funniest things I have ever seen was an 8 mile line of right lane traffic going 8 miles an hour into Birmingham in 2 inches of snow. Every couple of minutes we would lose some one sliding into a ditch and a van with Michigan plates would fly past in the left lane doing 75. We can't help it.

Move to NC. I moved here a year ago from WV and we had a "winter storm" last year and had ice on the roads the next morning. I had an all wheel drive car and drove on much worse roads since I started driving but I could count on my fingers how many cars I passed on a 2 hour drive.

If nothing else you did good getting out of WV,,my son lived in Morgantown for a while and. WOW not for ME

If nothing else you did good getting out of WV,,my son lived in Morgantown for a while and. WOW not for ME

I love WV. Northern WV isn't for me either. I am from down close to Charleston.

Don't be jerks, its genetic. I am incapable of driving in snow. One of the funniest things I have ever seen was an 8 mile line of right lane traffic going 8 miles an hour into Birmingham in 2 inches of snow. Every couple of minutes we would lose some one sliding into a ditch and a van with Michigan plates would fly past in the left lane doing 75. We can't help it.

They like the snow up there, it fills in the pot holes and makes the road nice and smooth.

They like the snow up there, it fills in the pot holes and makes the road nice and smooth.

Absolutely!!!!!!