Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any way to shorten reset?

mwc

Tried some bill drills with the Stock II and it proved to kind of difficult, due to the reset being so long. I was lucky to get any splits under .20 and it felt very ackward. I don't have the same problem with my CZ or glock. Any options out there?

Edited by mwc

Tried some bill drills with the Stock II and it proved to kind of difficult, due to the reset being so long. I was lucky to get any splits under .20 and it felt very ackward. I don't have the same problem with my CZ or glock. Any options out there?

If you can, try different disco/trigger bar combos. I have one spare trigger bar and two spare discos; just by systematically trying different combos I was able to find one combo which wouldn't reset at all, and one with as short a reset as my CZC Shadow with their SRTS.

IMG_20131111_174034_274-1_zps00ca0161.jp

Very nice! That would make me very happy! I didn't think that there would be such a difference in stock parts. Looks like I got some part swapping to do. Thanks for the info!

I was contemplating either drilling the disconnector for an adjustment screw or welding some material on there to tighten the reset up. I mostly shoot SA though so its not very high on my list of things to do .. :)

Practice more. It's not the reset that is slowing you down.

This!

Ok...I get it ...practice will make things better...but why can't a guy have his cake and eat it too!

Edited by mwc

Sure did...been shooting glocks since '91 and been teaching cops to do it for years. I don't try to catch the reset...its just that the reset is shorter than what I am used to and I am just looking for a way to shorten the learning curve. No big deal...I just got bored and wanted to try something different. I know that if I keep it the way it is and put a lot of time in and rounds down range that it won't be a problem, but I see nothing wrong with trying to make the gun fit me within the rules. Its the off season after all.. and I like to tinker and experiment.

Someone talking about reset on a single action trigger...this is a VERY odd conversation...

Every witness ive ever handled has had a reset shorter than ANY glock ive ever ran into...

Can you post a video so we can see what you're talking about?

Someone talking about reset on a single action trigger...this is a VERY odd conversation...

Every witness ive ever handled has had a reset shorter than ANY glock ive ever ran into...

Can you post a video so we can see what you're talking about?

I have found this to be true as well. I know my stock ii has a shorter reset than my shadow. Unless he has the srts installed but then again the reset isnt that far off from it either.

Just a quick follow up...

It would seem that I was barking up the wrong tree on this one! I just got back from the range after replacing the wood grips with EG's grips and noticed that the splits times were back to what I am used to. The reset wasn't a problem at all. My guess is the huge wood grips were messing me up some how. Anyway thank you all for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

The way Tanfoglio is designed the reset of the trigger is controlled by the movement of the trigger bow up /down, and backwards/ forwards . As you pull the trigger you are pushing the trigger bow which pushes the sear and the hammer falls. At this point the gun goes in battery and the slide pushes the trigger bow downwards { note the trigger bow stays in contact with sear only when slide is fully closed } releasing the pressure from the sear, this movement of the slide will bring the sear on the down position to catch the hammer hooks so you are ready for next shoot. Now as we release the trigger, the trigger bow start coming up and forward and in contact with the sear back again .To make this as short as possible one wants to ether remove material from the lower left leg of the sear that engages the trigger bow or from the left side of the trigger bow that engages the same side of the sear. This material removal could affect the timing of the gun because it mean the trigger bow need to move more backwards to engage sear leg {now shortened } and depending how much you remove in double action guns you may end up with a longer trigger pull in single action mode but a short reset. In order to remedy the longer trigger pull in single action mode for double action guns considering that the trigger movement is limited from the movement of the trigger bow which is restricted from the location of the interrupter one need to add some material to the inside part of the interrupter that engages the inside part of the trigger bow , or add some material on the trigger bow itself .Sorry I am just to lazy to take pictures but for someone that knows the terminology of the parts you know what I talking , if not Tanfoglio have exploded pictures of all the models with the part names in there . Is so much trouble in other words that is not worth the time and effort, at least not for me. Hope I helped you hacking your gun …. Please don’t go this route unless you have spare parts to experiment with.

Edited by babo_al