Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.245" Sevigny Front: POI way too low...

CHLChris

Hey! I'm using Sevigny FO competition sights on my Glock 35. The POI is a few inches (3" or so) lower than my POA, even at at 25 yards.

Even though they suggest the .245", should I go with the .215" front sight or would that make too big of a difference?

I know Dawson makes some FO front sights at different heights.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is yours only shooting an inch too low?

Just for the record, part of the issue here is that my competition load is the Atlanta Arms 170PF. When I'm shooting factory loads, the POI is only, maybe, an inch low at 25 yards. I really prefer 6 o'clock hold anyway.

Is yours only shooting an inch too low?

Just for the record, part of the issue here is that my competition load is the Atlanta Arms 170PF. When I'm shooting factory loads, the POI is only, maybe, an inch low at 25 yards. I really prefer 6 o'clock hold anyway.

It's around 2-2.5'' at 25 yards. I'm shooting walmart 115gr. Do you think with reloads and with a 124gr bullet, the poi will come up a few inches?

Not to go far afield, but I've noticed in rifle bullets at 100 yards, that a "reduced recoil" 125gr 30-30 will impact just about an 1.5" lower than full-power 150gr load. In that case, we're talking a whole 100 yards and we're talking about a much bigger difference in power between the two loads.

Though I don't know about 9mm concerning POI changes between loads, I can't imagine any more than an inch difference at 25 yards. Changing the front sight would be a bigger difference than changing loads, it seems to me.

Are you asking me, the original poster? I prefer 6 o'clock hold, but my current front sight (currently in the mail on its way to enutees, by the way) forced me to maintain center hold or even 12 o'clock hold. Not my cup of tea...

Then I don't understand your question. To me the answer is so obvious that it is as if you were asking me in which direction do I insert the magazines?

The front sight is centered in the rear slot and the black tops of the front and rear sights are aligned straight across, thus the point of the fiber optic light tube is just slightly below this level.

What else would you expect? I'm not going to get used to a different sight picture. It is much easier to change front sights, yes?

What does that have to with it? Are you thinking the fiber optic dot should be even with my rear sight? Yes, I agree that would bring up the POI, but it also isn't the best way to fix this issue. Seems to me that the FO is a great way to draw the eye quickly to the front sight, but one still has to align the top of the front sight with the top(s) of the rear sight.

You're obviously very experienced, Jadeslade, so I'm not the one to argue with you. If you've got some insight, do tell, but your Socratic method is wearisome.