Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Finishes- What's the latest and greatest?

Sarge

I had one of my Colt Delta Elites done in NP3 (PTFE Nickel) because the site said it would stop galling. It did. Love the finish and have yet to wear any off after about 5k rounds. If you do it though go for the gold and let them do all small parts too. I made the mistake of doing just slide frame and barrel and leaving all the small parts SS. It looks good but you can really tell it doesn't match. When it arrives I'm going to send them my Trophy Match to do Np3 on the frame and lower parts and Roguard on the slide. Will post results when that happens.

I had one of my Colt Delta Elites done in NP3 (PTFE Nickel) because the site said it would stop galling. It did. Love the finish and have yet to wear any off after about 5k rounds. If you do it though go for the gold and let them do all small parts too. I made the mistake of doing just slide frame and barrel and leaving all the small parts SS. It looks good but you can really tell it doesn't match. When it arrives I'm going to send them my Trophy Match to do Np3 on the frame and lower parts and Roguard on the slide. Will post results when that happens.

Who did you send to?

Please leave the politics out of this discussion.

Restricted Content
Politics

Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

• 1 month later...