Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9th Annual 2014 Midwest 3 Gun Championships Sponsored by Brownells

Make it out for the match if you can.

Here are a few things you should be ready for this year:

-Awkward shooting positions with all 3 guns

-high round count (25-35rds) shotgun stage (may or may not be shotgun only)

-possibly an interesting "theme" here and there

-options?

-stages with movement while shooting/loading

-stages with less movement along the course

-some pistol distance

-reliable targets

-consistent stages

-expect to have fun and possibly get dirty

I'll be bringing some objects/props from my home range to donate to help out with the match.

Are you telling us that things are going to look very different than the past couple years. I like the 25-35 on shotgun. Well not the 25 part, but I like the 35 part of it.

Jay

I backed out of shooting the match to design stages and set them up next weekend and on the 24th. I will be shooting the Rockcastle Shotgun match the weekend before the match, so I plan to have stage designs ready on the 24th that will be PAINFULLY detailed to help insure there will not be variances in how stages are shot.

There will still be similar target types used, as well as target types that are there but haven't been used in the last couple years. This will be definitely be a steel heavy match with a little paper mixed in, in the hopes that even rain can't mess with stages too much. I've asked several shooters, from well known to club level shooters, what they would like to see in a match. I'm going to try to incorporate as much of that as possible, often times with a twist. The same bays and natural terrain areas are there, but I hope to use them a little differently to make the match completely different while maintaining the same fun and fast environment that was there for my first big match as an RO.

I'm hoping that my influence is a positive one and Ken has liked the stage designs I have sent to him so far. I have more stage designs yet to submit and have ideas for options stages, one and two gun stages as well as stages requiring all three guns.

Right now all of my stage designs are MSPaint versions since I don't have software for stage designs, but I will get stages set up and confirm they match my stage designs on the 24th. I hope to have rough round counts available after the 17th, but I would recommend bringing plenty this year!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillen is has done a great job on the stages and I appriciate his help as I am working in FL now and Larry is busy running his gun store. I am also excited to have a fresh take on the COF's.

It will be a great match!

Ken

Stage designs and configurations were finalized today after our monthly match there, so I wanted to give everyone a vague update. ;-)

When final round counts come out, rifle will seem low, don't be fooled and be prepared for battle. Pistol round count will seem high....it is, make that lil gun sing. I love shotgun, so expect a highish shotgun round count. There will be a HIGH round count shotgun stage and a HIGH round count pistol stage, come prepared, but I'm betting I can get a sponsor of mine to bring loaner caddies in case you just don't have the gear, if he can't, I will provide my caddies for use on that stage if you don't have enough.

I've put a decent amount of time into the match, and it pains me to not shoot the match that was my first big match, so I'm hoping you all come out and have a blast!

Would you please have the round count out this coming week (week of 19MAY14).

Travel plans dictate that I know, since after Memorial day, no resupply is possible.....

(....sounds very tacticool doesn't it???) ; )

....but no, really, I need to know...

Thanks,

ericm

Eric.....you only need to bring 100 rounds of rifle.....I've seen you shoot and you go one for one all the time!! :)

From what I am hearing.....this match is shaping up nicely.

If no one has mentioned it yet......practice your off hand rifle shooting.

And....let me know what you need for Shell Holders....we can set you up!

Tim

no slugs or buck.....because of how I designed the tower stage, the 400yd target would have been nearly impossible to see/shoot at and would have put the line of fire too close to another stage for my liking. Furthest distance should be in the 300-315yd range.

Who would be the person of contact for the match? I have some questions to bring up to them and some requests for squading since some of my friends are just now sending in their applications.

Thanks, would you be able to tell us how many rifle shots will be past 200? Just curious if I need to work up a load for 77s with the new bullets that just came in. Have about 150 already loaded with my 77 SMKs.

just guessing......I didn't take my range finder with me, but 10-12 targets that are at least 150 yards and some targets that aren't on the big side out there as well. If using two types of rifle ammo, 50rds would give you plenty for the drive home if you have to travel through rough neighborhoods