Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 or not...

Rick88

If you build a gun on a clone STI-SVI frame is it a 2011 or not? Friend of mine says he is building a 2011 using an aftermarket frame I say its not a 2011 only a 2011 style, what do you think? I noticed Freedom is building a great gun using their own frame in the 2011 style but it seems to be stronger and better then the 2011, and 2011 isn't stamped on it. I think it would be interesting for Freedom to market their guns by production year and the upgrades in the frames and call them 2014's how many guys would go out and buy the new and improved 2014's :-)

Who cares? That's like saying a 1911 from a new mgfr is not a 1911 because it wasn't made by the company who originally made them.

It's a double stack 1911 that is based on the S_I pattern. That's about all that matters.

I like mine. The lack of "STI" or "2011" markings means nothing to me. I have STI branded frames. Whatever at this point! LOL.

10023725093_a3b977a44a_z.jpg

Edited by JaeOne3345

I once made the mistake of referring to my SV as a 2011 and Kodiak Precision owner almost ripped me a new anal orifice.

STI is a 2011. SV is SV or Infinity, not a 2011. It even says so on the frame.

If someone else makes a wide body I would not get hung up on calling it a 2011.

I once made the mistake of referring to my SV as a 2011 and Kodiak Precision owner almost ripped me a new anal orifice.

STI is a 2011. SV is SV or Infinity, not a 2011. It even says so on the frame.

If someone else makes a wide body I would not get hung up on calling it a 2011.

So what do you call a SV single stack?

Who cares?

I agree.

^The forums are for asking questions.

Responses like this deter people from asking them. The OP is looking to gain knowledge, not be brushed off.

OK. I'll elaborate. :)

IMO, a 2011 is a style of gun. Just like a 1911 is a style of gun. Is Colt the only company to ever make a 1911? It doesn't matter if it's made by STI, or SVI, or PT, or one of the other clones appearing on the market, I consider it a 2011.

Does calling it a 2011, or a 2014, or a Fred Flintstone have any impact on how the gun performs? Does what I call it or you call it or Bobby call it make any difference? If it does to the OP, good for him. I'm still in the "who cares" camp.

SV Singles Stacks.......We call them expensive, totally rocking cool heaters/blasters/smoke poles ect........or harder to acquire than the wide body's. Think of them as a rare vintage bottle of wine. Ya know that they are out there and you want one. It is just finding the funds to make it happen for most folks.

Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

Who cares?

I agree.

^The forums are for asking questions.

Responses like this deter people from asking them. The OP is looking to gain knowledge, not be brushed off.

Next time quote my entire response, which expanded on why I don't care, and why it doesn't matter.

We can all split hairs, but we know the platform is fairly universal at this point. 2011 can be used for any of the modular SV, STI, Phoenix Trinity, CK Arms, etc. guns which are a tad different than a Para double stack.

If someone says "2011" you know what they are talking about. C'mon now.

The gun pictured above is a PT frame, STI slide, Infinity barrel, with components from EGW, Infinity, etc.

I don't need to explain all that when someone asks what gun I am shooting for USPSA. A simple "2011 platform" will do. You know this.

I have a double stack 40. The frame and the grip are the only STI parts on the gun. So what would that make it? The frame and the grip are STI 2011 but the rest of the gun isn't. So is it a 2011 or not?

SV Singles Stacks.......We call them expensive, totally rocking cool heaters/blasters/smoke poles ect........or harder to acquire than the wide body's. Think of them as a rare vintage bottle of wine. Ya know that they are out there and you want one. It is just finding the funds to make it happen for most folks.

Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

would love one but getting them, just like Roy stated here...

the best I could do and feel like good about it is a Les Baer ii

Well, Doni has Roy's old SV single stack. Roy has a tricked/blinged out SV Single Stack. I have a Kodiak Precision SV Single Stack in 40S&W and with 9mm conversion parts.

Everything Roy said is true. SV-SS are pretty rare especially with the square trigger guard

Semantics sure can be entertaining, I suppose we could call any gun anything if we choose but I started this thread just because my friend was so adiment that he was building a 2011. Now a couple of people say "who cares" ok I get that to a certain point but say you were to sell your aftermarket Hi cap 1911 and it is not stamped 2011 can you legally sell it as a 2011? Isnt a 2011 a type of an STI gun? I know when I do FFL paper work the numbers and name on the frame designates the type of gun it is. If it says STI 2011 then that is what it is registered as, if it says PT it is a PT gun and registered as such. So by law I would think that a PT frame gun is not considered a 2011 because it is not an STI. I'm not a lawyer so this type of thinking could be wrong but I would think there is a reason these aftermarket frames are not stamped 2011. Carry on :-) :-)

Edited by Rick88