Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic or Black Hole ?

Steve RA

In process of accumulating parts for a new AR and can't decide on a barrel. Want an 18" stainless and have narrowed it down to a Nordic or Black Hole. Nordic has conventional rifling and the Black Hole has polygonal. Both weigh about the same and are stainless.

What would you recommend, and why. ??

Edited by Steve RA

Get the one from the company that SUPPORTS our sport, I've never seen a Black Hole banner at a match.

trapr

I have several times. In fact I followed the Black Hole bus out of Brodgeport, TX just a couple weeks ago.

Chuck that was actually the Black Rain Ordnance bus, not Black Hole.

Edited by davehorn

BlackHole sponsored out Toy's for Tot's match by donating an 18" Stainless barrel for the raffle rifle we gave away. During function testing the rilfle was plenty accurate shooting 55's out to 400+. Next time I need a barrel that is direction I am headed.

I have both. The Black Hole barrel is in 300 Blackout and I love it. The Nordic is on my TacOps gun and it is awesome as well. I ordered another Nordic barrel when they came back in stock just to put on the shelf for a future build.

The BHW barrel was easier to clean from the beginning. The nordic took a little work to get smoothed out, but it is fine now.