Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pike's Peak Shotgun Challenge

Congrats to my Freedom Munitions teammates Jansen Jones on his pump win, Janna Reeves on her High Lady win and James Casanova on the Auto victory! After watching there video I am really pissed off that I missed this match. I will damn sure be there next year.

I was in their squad, and they were all super impressive! Glad they won.

Edited by OscarMike

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final scores on practiscore show raw time, penalties, and the final time along with your ranking for that stage.

Correct. However, it doesn't show overall match points overall, unless I'm missing it?

Example:

https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=2D96D57A-88E6-432F-A3F6-A3557BC59696&page=classLeadersCombined

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

We selected the wrong time plus setting in Practiscore. My stats guys is checking to see if it can be displayed as % finish. If it can be changed we will repost. Sorry for the mess up. Scoring was my black eye for this first match. Stats will be on lock next year for sure.

I just woke up after a nice 13hour drive home yesterday, which really gives you time to reflect on what I did wrong and what I did right at the match, and what I liked about the match.

For a first time match the target presentation and use of a good variety of targets was excellent. The flow of the match was very good, we really thought we'd be there till 5 or 6pm shooting, and it would be a rough day, but the stages used were either by design or just happenstance very well laid out and an excellent mix of challenges. While I'm sure there were things they learned not to do or to try and do next time the overall feel of the match from the shooters standpoint was that everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend this match for both the experienced shooter and beginner, they made it so that everyone could perform the tasks asked of them, the better shooters would just do it faster (hopefully) and with less penalties. Nothing was too much or asked the shooter to try something that should have been out of their comfort range.

Lately people seem to feel that after putting on a good match the next one needs to be bigger and harder in order to make it "better". You all put together a "shooting" match,......If the staff of this match just keeps with the theme of this years event, next years match will be a terrific event.

I look forward to coming back, ....................RO's, MD,RM's you guys and girls did a great job.

Trapr

We selected the wrong time plus setting in Practiscore. My stats guys is checking to see if it can be displayed as % finish. If it can be changed we will repost. Sorry for the mess up. Scoring was my black eye for this first match. Stats will be on lock next year for sure.

Mike, sent you a PM.

I totally agree with Trapr's and everyone's comments about the match. This was an excellent match, challenging but not too difficult. The stages were fun and ran smoothly.

A huge thank you to everyone involved.

Looking forward to next year.

We were concerned that this match might not be worth driving for 28 hours round trip. Trust me, it was worth it! Mike and staff did an outstanding job providing a fast, fun and safe match. We are already putting this match on our next year's schedule.

I would also thank Jeremy Moore, The Shooter's Source, for his support to our shooting sports and our team. If there is any parts you need for your guns, get in touch with Jeremy, and I'm sure he can hook you up.

Finally, Congrats to my teammate, Deane Graves, for his win in Open and "Overall" match winner!

Thanks Mike, for a great match!

This was a great match, even for a beginning shotgunner like myself. I'd really like to thank The Noveske Shooting Team for offering their unused spot and the chance I got to use it. Also, thanks for their assistance and guidance during the match. They never seemed to mind my silly and endless questions and offered invaluable advice. I'm sure it wasn't easy having a tagalong during the match, but they did phenomenal, as usual.

Thanks to everyone involved. The trip from North Dakota was definitely worth it.

This was a great match and an awesome prize table for a first time match as well, I had brought two new shooters to the match and they were extrememly happy that even though they had to leave I was able to walk the prize table for them and they were elated to get their stuff today. While there may have been a few scoring errors found at the end of the match it wasn't a big deal and everything was handled really well. This will definitly be on my list for next year! Mike, you did a great job on this match and no first time MD card needs to be played!!!

Edited by pkm

If you guys liked the flavor of the PPSC check out the Noveske match in lare Aug. Terrific match on my must shoot list every year.

Thanks Mike!

There will be a 30 round all shotgun stage, with buckshot, and several other stages with some good challenges for the scatterguns. :)

Finally got a moment to say thanks to Mike Payne and Mark P for putting on a great event. Also thanks to the ROs and staffers for keeping things on schedule!

Really enjoyed it and the fact that the match was held in such a beautiful part of the country.

Really hope this match continues, its great seeing practical shotgun grow each and every year!

I know I speak for James and Janna when I say thanks for the kind words regarding the class, glad so many people go so much out of it!

Some video of us from the match here:

Edited by cold

I'd like to take moment to thank Shooter's Source for bring the title sponsor for the match. I'm sure everyone saw lots of Shooter's Source stuff on the prize table. I'm sure that some of you also noticed that Jeremy lost his easy up to the high winds on Fri. What you proly didn't notice was that Jeremy didn't get to shoot all of the stages because he volunteered to help us with our scoring. Thank you Jeremy for all your help!

Check out Shooter's Source for many of your 3gun gear needs: http://www.theshooterssource.com/index.php

I will be ordering some parts from them for an upcoming build for sure.

I'd like to thank Xtreme Bullets and Freedom Munitions for being stage sponsors. The folks from Xtreme (the Noveske Team) put up a pile of prize certs on the table. What you proly don't know is that the original certs were stolen in shipment. When I notified Janna, she said "no problem" and hand delivered replacement certs. They even gave away a 4th, prepaid slot to an inexperienced lady shooter, which I thought was classy. Then I went and messed up at awards and called the wrong High Lady. Janna proly thinks I'm a tool. Before the match James contacted us and requested that we help organize a pro clinic, which was again very cool with lots of people in attendance.

You can see Xtreme products here: http://www.xtremebullets.com/

If you liked the slugs they brought to give away you can find them at Freedom Munitions: http://www.freedommunitions.com/#&panel1-3

Thank you Shooters Source, FNH, Remington, Burris, Vortex, Xtreme Bullets, Freedom Munitions, Carbon Arms, Nordic Components, Brownells, Rocky Mountain Targets, Black Sheep Manufacturing, Eggleston Munitions, 3GunStuff, Sportsmans Warehouse, and Otis for your generous support of this match. :)

I'd like to thank Rocky Mountain Targets. Rocky Mountain is a small local company really just getting off the ground. Not only did they put prizes on the table, but many of the targets used were made for the match. Rocky mountain supplied the door, the plate rack, one of the spinners and much of the knock down steel at the match. We simply could not have had the same stages without the generosity of Rocky Mountain. They have already signed on for next year and already want to make us new clay holders to replace our wobbly ones.

Check em out here and consider them next time you are target shopping: http://rockymountaintargets.weebly.com/

A big thank you to FNH for sponsoring the PPSC. FNH has been a major contributor to shooting sports and competitions for years. They were very generous to sponsor a first year match such as ours and I really didn't expect to even be on their radar. Especially considering how generous they have been at many other and much larger events.

Check out FNH USA here and find their guns at many local gun stores: http://www.fnhusa.com/

I hope we can lure them back next year.

Thank you to Brownells for your support of our match. I don't think I have ever been to a sponsored match that didn't have a Brownells banner. Larry Weeks was one of the very first companies to sign on and partner with our event. Sadly, Larry was unable to make it out due to family commitments. Larry from Brownells is proly one of the nicest people on the planet. Most of you know that Brownells carries and extremely wide range of shooting products and are especially useful when you are looking for a broken part in one of your cool competition gats.

Check our Brownells here: http://www.brownells.com/