Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pike's Peak Shotgun Challenge

The Pike's Peak Shotgun Challenge, presented by Shooters Source will be on May 17, 2014 at Pike's Peak Gun Club.

10 stages, one day, approximately 180 rounds (birdshot and slugs), $100. We are currently working on stages and sponsors and greatly thank Shooters Source for stepping up to be the title sponsor. We will have Open, Auto and Pump divisions with a prize table by order of finish. 5 entries per division to be recognized.

We are also considering a women's division (Auto rules) and we will be looking for a specific division sponsor for that prize table as well.

We have sponsor commitments from Carbon Arms, Eggleston Munitions, Extreme Bullets, Freedom Munitions, Nordic Components, Rocky Mountain Targets and 3Gun Stuff already and we have not even sent out the sponsor letter yet!

Edited by MarkCO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nordic came in as a stage sponsor TIMES TWO. Thanks guys!

Brownells also came in today as a stage sponsor!

Got to love those guys with everything they do for us as shooters and with their sponsorships!

I'm hitting A-basin tomorrow. Can't wait to get out on the slopes. Last year was terrible, so I'm jonesin for some turns.

This match is shaping up to be pretty terrific! There will be loads of reactive steel as well as static and thrown clays. There will be stars, flippers, windmills, plate racks and slugs on moving paper. I am having an entry door made right now and you might even see Mark doing the funky chicken on his way to funky town.

Edited by co-exprs

Shooters Source will be providing a free Pro clinic on Friday. Two of the top guys in the game, and really good guys to boot, will teach the clinic. At the end, they will walk the stages and help you get your stage plans together. This will be limited! Slots for the clinic will be offered to entrants in the order in which they are received.

• 4 weeks later...

Things are progressing nicely for the match with a few updates. Pikes Peak Gun Club has a large youth trap league which is partially sponsored by the club. The sponsorship requires the youth league kids to help out at large events. So... looks like I've got a commitment for 25-30 trap shooting kids to work as stage reset help. I have most of the stages sketched out now. We are targeting 180 total targets with about 15 slug targets and 165 bird shot targets. This is a no buckshot match and all of the slug targets will be single shot anywhere neutralization. This is to keep the expensive slug count down and the stage speeds up. Don't be fooled though... many of those slug targets will be activated movers and some will be shot from less than optimum positions. Gonna be a really fun match!

We are looking forward to seeing you and your freinds. Pump or auto... It will be a fun match. No gimicks. Just a straight up gun fight. If you've not shot this type of match before, focus on your reloading skilz. They are just as important as your shooting skilz. Also, if you are going to buy a pump gun, i highly recommend a 24" Benelli Super Nova. That's what I run and I love it. I shoot mine all the time for 3gun and clay games. Used it on my first duck hunt a week ago and brought down 3 mallards. Super Nova is the fastest loading and.softest kicking pump on the market.

Edited by co-exprs

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a couple of entries each day and I just got caught up on confirmations. If you entered and have not received a confirmation email, please fire me a line. I am having fun planning the match and am really looking forward to an exciting event.

Trying to see if I can work this match into my schedule this year, just curious where I can find the application.

lonedrone

Edit - Never mind - my internet was acting up and the link to the app wasn't working, now that I reset my router I was able to get to it :)

Edited by lonedrone

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our annual, family ski trip, and got caught up on entries. Everyone who has entered should have a confirmation email. Thus far I've been able to honor nearly all of the squading requests. There is still plenty of room, but I've received nearly 20 entries just in the past two weeks. We're close to half full now.

• 4 weeks later...

Things are coming right along. Stage designs are in final review and I'm gonna be at the range tomorrow testing targets. We are filling up. Get those entries in with your squad requests and I'll see what I can do. The plate rack I ordered is done and Rocky Mountain Targets is making the entry door now. I'm getting excited for the big day!