Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NBA Brawl

BigDave

Ask yourselves how you would react if a bunch of punks threw their cups of beer in your face.

funny thing about artest not being able to turn the other cheek before pounding on the (wrong) smallish fan. just moments before that he did manage to turn the other cheek after being shoved hard by big ben wallace. i wonder if wallace's size had anything to do with that???

Ask yourselves how you would react if a bunch of punks threw their cups of beer in your face.

funny thing about artest not being able to turn the other cheek before pounding on the (wrong) smallish fan. just moments before that he did manage to turn the other cheek after being shoved hard by big ben wallace. i wonder if wallace's size had anything to do with that???

I am not a small guy, well not when compared to "normal" humans, but I can think of a LOT of things I would rather do than get into a fist fight with Ben Wallace (or Artest for that matter)! Good point. I hadn't thought of that spin on the story. :)

-ld

So...I went to the Friday night fights and a basketball game broke out. Or a hockey game, or a baseball game. (Soccer is on an altogether different planet in this respect.) What's up with that? We have a huge crowd of drunks urging a small crowd of overpaid child/men to do what ever it takes to win. Why are we surprised or shocked at the result?

The only vote that counts here is the dollar. I have taken mine elsewhere. You can do the same.

geezer

I am not a small guy, well not when compared to "normal" humans, but I can think of a LOT of things I would rather do than get into a fist fight with Ben Wallace (or Artest for that matter)! Good point. I hadn't thought of that spin on the story. :)

-ld

To me, that says Artest might not be the leading canidate for the Darwin Award. The "fan" on the other hand...

To me, crap like that is a scary picture of the human race.

be

Kinda makes me think of the Roman Empire...

maybe Sigfreid and Roy could lend them a couple of cuddly cats to settle the arguments?

I'd pay to see that.

Naaah,

in the roman empire those guys would have never got to that age: they'd have been thrown down the Tarpea cliff as soon as they were born... <_<

They label it as entertainment, just like wrestling

Ditto!

That's the same reason I stopped 3 years ago being a football (soccer for you overseas) fan here in Italy (and you have to know soccer is national sport here): that's no longer a sport, that's entertaining, and I don't like it anymore, so I won't buy it anymore. :angry:

The NBA is just a thug-fest. Let 'em all go get real jobs they're qualified for - like working at a car wash.

Very few sports have civility and sportmanship anymore. IPSC/USPSA seems to be one of them.

So...I went to the Friday night fights and a basketball game broke out. Or a hockey game, or a baseball game. (Soccer is on an altogether different planet in this respect.) What's up with that? We have a huge crowd of drunks urging a small crowd of overpaid child/men to do what ever it takes to win. Why are we surprised or shocked at the result?

The only vote that counts here is the dollar. I have taken mine elsewhere. You can do the same.

geezer

I second you Geezer,

except for: The only vote that counts here is the Euro. I have taken mine elsewhere. You can do the same.

Very few sports have civility and sportmanship anymore.  IPSC/USPSA seems to be one of them.

Who was it that said "An armed society is a polite society" :)

Robert Heinlein said that. The whole thing goes "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

-ld