Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P09 for USPSA Production

HazB_Shootin

Wondering if anyone is using a P09 yet for Production? I'm trying to decide to go with either the P09 or a SP01 Tactical. I have a P07 and the ergo's are great for me, I had a SP01 Tactical a while back and it is one of the best shooting guns I've ever owned. From what I've been able to find the accuracy/reliability on the P09 is as good as the SP01, only issue might be a holster (I have one for my SP01 Phantom) and the SP01 mags apparently are a little to short to fit the P09.

Other than the minor holster/mag issues it appears the P09 would be a great USPSA Production candidate - thoughts?

Edited by HazB_Shootin

Should be a good gun if you like polymer. Not a lot of high performance parts or sights available yet. Some other vendors are working on that. Bladetech should have gear, as we sent up a blue gun.

Cz is the entity to submit paperwork .

Should be a good gun if you like polymer. Not a lot of high performance parts or sights available yet. Some other vendors are working on that. Bladetech should have gear, as we sent up a blue gun.

I checked with USPSA/NROI about the P09 not being on the approved list. They replied that CZ has not requested it to be added yet (not enough sold yet?).

Anyone have news about that?

I'm not really a polymer guy except for production, I shoot an Open SV and a Tanfo Limited in those divisions. I compared my P07 to my SP01 Phantom last night and the P07 could have used my hand as a mold - it's dead on with trigger finger placement and does not move around in the web of my hand. That said I know the Tactical being steel/rubber grips does not feel the same as the Phantom. Viewed from the top I like the slide profile of the P07 a lot better. I've watched a few you tube videos of people actually shooting both a steel frame SP01 and a poly P09 and due to possibly the larger grip/fatter slide the P09 is on par with recoil/flip of the SP01, the SP01 I'm sure is flipping less, but not by much. This would also be used for 3G down the road, so a tough/accurate/reliable handgun that is high cap (P09 standard mags are 19 rounds) would be well suited I would think.

Sorry for typing/thinking out loud - but hey what are forums for right ;)

I guess I've kinda sold myself on the P09 - my dealer has one of each, a SP01 Tactical and a P09 so I will compare side by side, feel for feel, and then make a decision.

Oh - BTW, I stuck my P07 in my Bladetech SP01 holster last night and I was surprised that it fit - trigger completely covered, holstering/draw was smooth - had about a inch or more slide room left at the bottom of the holster so the P09 will probably fit as well.

:cheers:

Update, I'm now the happy owner of a SP01 Tactical (again). The P09 felt good, but the weight,grip and overall feel of the SP01 won me over and I know how accurate they are. The fact that I already have a SP01 Phantom, mags and holster setup played a part. That would not have stopped me had I truly thought the P09 was a better choice for me but once I had the steel SP01 in my hand it was a no-brainer :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a P-09 for IDPA and shot it twice this week. First polymer gun I have shot that I actually liked. I have 2 more magazines coming and will try my holsters this weekend. I have a 75B but shoot it with a Kadet slide, and shoot my SIGs most of the time. The trigger on the P-09 is good in DA, mushy in SA with lots of creep from the factory, but much, much better than a factory 75B trigger.

Joe

Now I see the FDE version for 2014. Going to have to get one of those and have the shop hot rod it. ;)

Details, details, we need details. I've heard this mentioned before but can't find any info on the net. Any idea when and how much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...

Can you get target sights(especially a thin FO front sight), a trigger job, a mag well and the ability to convert back and forth between 9mm and 40 cal for this gun? Would be fun to go back and forth between Production, Limited and 3 gun all on one gun without giving too much away.