Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quad Loading with TACCOM Quad Loads detailed video

Thanks Jesse, that was helpfull. I notice that the shells are positioned back typically where your pistol would be. Do you have any pics of your setup with the pistol in place?

They just get pushed closer together and sit towards the centerline of my body in front of the pistol.

Jesse,

I just got some of these but they seem really tight on the shells. I know the instructions say to heat them to set the tension, any tips on this?

Also a tutorial on how a loading port should be modified for quad loading would be great!

thanks,

david

Edited by Nuke8401

Jesse,

I just got some of these but they seem really tight on the shells. I know the instructions say to heat them to set the tension, any tips on this?

Also a tutorial on how a loading port should be modified for quad loading would be great!

thanks,

david

Hello David......take note of how Jesse talks about snatching the shells out of the holder. More of a flicking of the wrist.....the top shells actually pop out first.

Tim

Jesse,

thanks,

david

Hello David......take note of how Jesse talks about snatching the shells out of the holder. More of a flicking of the wrist.....the top shells actually pop out first.

Tim

I have 8 sets of 8 caddys now. None of them are too tight. Like Tim said the trick is to remove the top first then the bottom. If you pull the middle the middle comes out and the top and bottom stay out and the shells get misaligned.

Here are some pics of my port. Basically the further forward and down you cut the receiver the less you have to get your thumb in the gun. With a weakhand load your thumb is in the gun working as a plunger behind the shells. For this my thumb is sideways riding on the side of receiver.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Looks like I still have some grinding to do to mine. Thanks for the pictures and video.

Be careful blending in the reciever to the mag tube, mine is so open now that the follower has barely any metal to stop it from shooting into the reciever lol. I can always fire up the TIG if it becomes an issue.

My Beretta 1301 and quads on my new ELS belt.

I think I'm done with the loading port, a little more practice and I'll know. After more work on the loading port this morning my first try for loading 8 I easily beat an 8 second par time. Changed to 6 seconds, then 4 seconds. I still have plent of fumbles but compared to weak hand I'll never go back! I will keep 1 4x4 as a backup. Once again I think I will be getting another ext tube to have 12 in the tube, like Jesse said it just makes sense with quads. Shout out to Tim of Taccom, I sent him a pm and mentioned I was mounting them on an ELS belt and he sent some additional screws to make sure I had what I needed.

post-20407-0-68659400-1381583763_thumb.j

post-20407-0-13978600-1381583792_thumb.j

post-20407-0-55176900-1381584181_thumb.j

Hey Dan,

Yes, strong hand. No haven't done live fire, hot barrel. I think by maintaining the weakhand grip on the forend my hand stops the rotation of the gun before the barrel touches skin! I can only rotate the gun a little more than 90 degrees not completely upside down. One thing I learned is that it's important to keep my weak hand forward on the forend or I hit my weak hand loading the first 2 of 4. I should get to the range for some live fire on a plate rack on monday. I'll take video if I don't suck too bad.

My Beretta 1301 and quads on my new ELS belt.

I think I'm done with the loading port, a little more practice and I'll know. After more work on the loading port this morning my first try for loading 8 I easily beat an 8 second par time. Changed to 6 seconds, then 4 seconds. I still have plent of fumbles but compared to weak hand I'll never go back! I will keep 1 4x4 as a backup. Once again I think I will be getting another ext tube to have 12 in the tube, like Jesse said it just makes sense with quads. Shout out to Tim of Taccom, I sent him a pm and mentioned I was mounting them on an ELS belt and he sent some additional screws to make sure I had what I needed.

I am looking at getting a 1301 as a backup gun. I saw where the serial # is. How close did you cut the port to the serial? I was thinking of cutting deeper to get plenty of clearance for weakhand quad loads. I saw one at a shop and the serial was right where I wanted to cut. My Benelli is opened up quite a bit.

While not the best, the serial number is on the right side. At least for quad loading I took most of the material off the other side which works for right hand quad load. I did remove material from the serial number side but left maybe 1/16" to the number.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for putting this tutorial out for us. Jesse, just after you started practicing with throwing quads, were you going through the whole motion or would you ever break it down into parts focusing on techniques then proceeding to the whole movement? For example did you work on just pulling shells out, getting shotgun into workspace, loading the shells, etc? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for putting this tutorial out for us. Jesse, just after you started practicing with throwing quads, were you going through the whole motion or would you ever break it down into parts focusing on techniques then proceeding to the whole movement? For example did you work on just pulling shells out, getting shotgun into workspace, loading the shells, etc? I hope that makes sense.

I've thought about all the sties and discussed them with other quadders but I think the only way to be successful is to go full throttle. Going slow seems to result in shells not going all the way in past the shell catch and stuff like that.

That makes sense, I really appreciate it. I'm getting just under 4sec for 4 rounds for coming off target, loading, and getting back on target after 2 weeks of practice. Tube can't hold 8 or more, so can't get a time for that.

Is your loading port opened up? The more it's open the merrier for quads and dueces in my experience.

The more you load each time you roll the gun over the less time you waste. That's why I run a 12 round tube. In a match I try to run the tube dry leaving only one shell in the chamber before I load.

That makes sense, I really appreciate it. I'm getting just under 4sec for 4 rounds for coming off target, loading, and getting back on target after 2 weeks of practice. Tube can't hold 8 or more, so can't get a time for that.

Is your loading poet opened up? The more the merrier for quads and dueces in my experience.

The more you load each time you roll the gun over the less time you waste. That's why I run a 12 round tube. In a match I try to run the tube dry leaving only one shell in the chamber before I load.