Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA price increase!

kneelingatlas

WTF!?!

I called last Tues to check on a Long Slide conversion kit and it was normal price ($285), called Wed to place the order and it was $309; annoying, but conversion kits had stayed the same since I bought my first one two years ago. Then I called today to check on a Gold Team conversion (previously $575) and was told the price is now $1,147!?!

How much for a long slide conversion now??? $589! I'm done with EAA.

This is a serious bummer.

Did you notice that the 6" match grade barrels are now $321??? :surprise:

Holy cow! I didn't pay that much for a Schuemann hybrid triple port barrel.

One of the things about the Witness that was attractive were the reasonably priced conversions, barrels, and parts, which kind of made up for the level of patients required to deal with EAA.

Really a shame.... :unsure:

Ive heard that Tanfoglio throttles down the supply of guns to EAA because they don't command as high a price point as in Europe. Thus Tanfoglio sells more product over there as they can achieve a higher markup. The possible upside to this is that we may be seeing a greater variety of pistols being imported as the American market becomes more profitable. I am actively looking into being an importer as i've dealt with this smoke and mirrors B^$*S*! for several years now. I understand that these guns have been under priced for some time, namely the elite line, but the new prices are just excessive. $589 for a "super sight long slide" is just insane. Barring it being made out of billet steel with an awesome sight and high dollar finish it's not worth close to that. I've also noticed the prices for the elite match going up significantly, granted $420 a 2 years ago was too low, but neither are these $600 pistols.

I don't like that Matches are called "elite" pistols as they're the only one without the competition frame; they have the same frame as the standard Witness. The starting price for a competition frame pistol is right where it belongs at about a grand, just like a TS. The TS trigger is far superior to the Witness, but the easy convert ability and the better grip put them on even ground in my eyes although convert ability just went out the window.

I paid $575 for my Match 9mm that I bought for 3 Gun. My GF shot it so well, that within a week we bought another one at the same price. She shoots it phenominally better than she did her M&P.

They may be more money than they used to be, but they are still a great value at that price. It's competition in that price range are mostly polymer guns, and it shoots and handles better than any of those. Especially to a guy like me who loves his 40oz 1911. The Match is even heavier than that.

I'm still impressed with the value and quality of the Match for the price.