Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you leave your red dot on for the entire match?

Sarge

Used to turn it on when I mounted the optic to the gun. Alas, 8 moa Aimpoints are relegated to history now so I turn my Cmore off between stages. I will say I had a buddy whose switch did break on the second stage of a match. Lucky for him it broke in the full on position so he could finish.

Used to turn it on when I mounted the optic to the gun. Alas, 8 moa Aimpoints are relegated to history now so I turn my Cmore off between stages. I will say I had a buddy whose switch did break on the second stage of a match. Lucky for him it broke in the full on position so he could finish.

But your scopes require 2 D cell batteries right ? :goof:

I turn mine off as well after i shoot a stage and turn on at "Make Ready"

Edited by ogiebb

• 2 weeks later...

My plan is to turn it on at L&MR then off after UL&SC and holstered but I have forgotten to turn it off after many stages (still relatively new to Open). I've noticed it on while helping to reset stages I've already shot...gotta work on the turn it off ritual. I change batteries the local match before a major match because I want to verify everything runs properly.

At a major match last year I watched one of the top shooters either adjust or turn on his dot while moving from the first target to the next position! Was amazing to see...no panic just pure smoothness, like changing a mag. I think he finished 2nd or 3rd on the stage. So if it happens to top level GM's I suspect I may forget to turn on my dot some time in the future, ritual or not. I have to talk to Dean about shooting without the dot...!