Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'05 Mustang

diehli

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next thing u know u'll tell me she is a pistol shooter!!!

Uh...not like I am. She shoots pistols...and has shown some interest in getting involved in IPSC/USPSA....but nothing serious yet.

BTW...this is my bike!

wallpaper_mcy_03r1_silv_5_800.jpg

We have "discussions" all the time about who's bike is faster! :)

these ultra fast bikes are cool, my Suzuki 1200 Bandit is about whoping 1/2 sec. slower in the quarter :( (what a turd) but I can ride for 8 hours straight get off of it and still walk in the full upright position :) (so let's do a cross country race ;) )

and as for a retro camaro :P my 2000 Z28 is pushing around 320 hp, handles like a skateboard and still gets 30 mpg, if I keep my foot out of it

life is good :D

That new mustang looks really nice.

The '05 only puts out 300 net hp...I'm disappointed!

300 hp isn't that bad. It's just a car. If you want a real piece of engineering brilliance, you have to buy a Swedish car:

design_firstimpression.jpg

This is the fastest streetcar in the world. 806 HP and 0-62mph in 3.2s. Topspeed is 242+mph. I believe it does the quarter mile in 9 flat or below :wub:

Spook...

You talk about Swedish engineering and show a pic of one made my the Flying Red Horse....come on now where is that Volvo.....you know you love it..

Carmoney,

Not to rain on your parade, but the even though Chrsyler is owned by AIG and MB, they just don't do it for me..rather have the Stang, or even my old Ford truck...my ford won't leave me on the side of the road... ;)

This one's for TightLoop. It's my mom's new ride (seriously). I was actually driving it when I passed a guy going the other way in a new 'Stang. It must have looked funny because we were drooling at eachother's ride.

vette05.jpg

BTW, I think the new Viper will blow them both away (I agree that most Mopar stuff sucks but drive one and you'll be converted).

GTO Shootr

Your mom certainly has great taste in cars...that must be where you got your love of them...

Great 05 Vette and a super color...I believe that the Viper would be plenty fast, but like the bikers say..chrome won't get you home...so it has to do more than look fast like the Mopars do..

Mine is undergoing the big heart transplant as we speak...supposed to put 450+HP on the asphalt...502 crate with Edlebrock performance injection..should be ready about Christmas...what a present...

Pics when it is finished..

Thanks for the pic of your mom's car...tell her I think she and her car ROCK... ;)

Anytime I see a car company put 242+ mph means that they have not verified it. So what is the actual number??? Who cares about theoretical top speeds.

gall4big.jpg

McLaren F1 is still the fastest production car with a verified top speed. It's also 10 years old and will run about $1Millon if you can find one, only 100 made. Jay Leno has one, but I don't think he'll sell it. It's a 3 seater car, driver sits in the middle. 627 hp, the LeMans race car made 600 hp. If you have the road and the balls, just rev it up, dump the clutch, 60mph will show up in 3.2 seconds, 100 at 6.3, 200 mph at 28.0 secs and by the time you hit the 7500 rpm rev limiter in 6th gear, only 391 kph/240 mph. Couldn't imagine what it would do if it was geared higher. The initial top speed estimate was 230+mph before the official run. 230mph was achieved by the test car with only 530 hp. Oh it also gets 23 mpg highway. :wub: I can dream can't I?

Now if you want a real Swede car, nothing beats the Swedish brick.

1_77_2AO8Cl5Bbb-450x0.jpg

Evolve's Volvo S40. 425 hp, AWD, just perfect for snowy/icy roads if you want to imitate WRC rally driver. Just have to wait till they come out with the V50 station wagon version. The current V70R wagon already makes 300 hp. That would be hilarious to see a station wagon smoke a Mustang off the line.

• 1 month later...

The 05 mustang has independent rear suspension. Plus you can get a supercharged engine, almost the same engine that's in the GT-40. Fully decked with the supercharged engine was $42,000 list.

They wouldn't let me take it for a test drive!!!!!!

The 05 mustang has independent rear suspension. Plus you can get a supercharged engine, almost the same engine that's in the GT-40. Fully decked with the supercharged engine was $42,000 list.

They wouldn't let me take it for a test drive!!!!!!

No it doesn't. Still solid rear axle. The cobra version will probably have some cobbled together independent rear suspension though, just like the current cobra. Also, IIRC, the GT-40 engine and the '05 Mustang GT engine are totally different...and the GT engine won't be supercharged (but again, the cobra's probably will).

Why does Ford not offer a supercharged 5.4 'Stang? Its this agency called the EPA. You ever noticed that you will have a section of trucks, a small group of sporty cars, and then this huge assortment of sub-compacts in a dealers lot? Theres a reason for that and it has nothing to do with demand. My understanding is that the EPA tells every mainline manufacturer selling in the US that if you take the average MPG of all the cars sold, it has to meet a certain requirement. I bet the current trend in trucks and SUVs is killing them! So a fuel eating 5.4L supercharged 'Stang would force them to sell more Festivas to balance the EPA numbers. But you bet a 3-party will have one selling through the dealers!

Now how non-mainline manufacturers get around this I don't know. It might have a # of cars per year requirement. I just can't see Ferrarri meeting an average MPG requirement!

This was why Chevy would not sell a 454 Corvette several years ago. But they would sell you a stock baseline Corvette and the 454 Special Kit (engine, suspension, transmission, etc) and the dealer did the work. That way they "sold" a small V8 for EPA reporting and you got a big V8 for personal fun.

The current project car is a Ford Thunderbolt owned by a friend. Now you talk about Factory Performance! What a car!

Shooter Grrl

The new Vette is really nice looking....but my Christmas present came together last week...

Got my '66 back from the shop...brand new 502 cid crate engine, Edlebrock performance injection..had it blue printed and balanced, and dyno'ed..putting 476 hp to the asphalt...new 50 Series Goodyears, George Straits cd of 50 Number 1 Hits and I am ready to cruise a bit...

It is nice to be the Big Dawg again... ;)

Why does Ford not offer a supercharged 5.4 'Stang? Its this agency called the EPA. You ever noticed that you will have a section of trucks, a small group of sporty cars, and then this huge assortment of sub-compacts in a dealers lot? Theres a reason for that and it has nothing to do with demand. My understanding is that the EPA tells every mainline manufacturer selling in the US that if you take the average MPG of all the cars sold, it has to meet a certain requirement. I bet the current trend in trucks and SUVs is killing them! So a fuel eating 5.4L supercharged 'Stang would force them to sell more Festivas to balance the EPA numbers. But you bet a 3-party will have one selling through the dealers!

Now how non-mainline manufacturers get around this I don't know. It might have a # of cars per year requirement. I just can't see Ferrarri meeting an average MPG requirement!

This was why Chevy would not sell a 454 Corvette several years ago. But they would sell you a stock baseline Corvette and the 454 Special Kit (engine, suspension, transmission, etc) and the dealer did the work. That way they "sold" a small V8 for EPA reporting and you got a big V8 for personal fun.

The current project car is a Ford Thunderbolt owned by a friend. Now you talk about Factory Performance! What a car!

This is the second time I've heard this but I really don't know if its true or not. If it is true it's time for the EPA to take a flying leap. Is Ford still producing the Lightning?