Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safety

JasonRBenjamin

My match also has a mushy safety which makes it easy to accidentially put on safe when shooting. My stock 3 on the other hand is totally positive and clicks both ways. I dont know of any aftermarket safetys available. Im currently trying to improve the factory one.

I will clean out the detent.

Am I allowed to ride the safety like on a 1911?

If so does anyone have a larger size safety lever avaliable that fits the match?

That might make it feel better to me....

Yes, you can ride the safety, and yes there are extended safeties for the Match, I'm not sure who makes them, but my buddy has an extra set he would likely sell. They look like this:

IMG_20130609_062942_504_zpsc9a274df.jpg

When i was shopping for safeties for my stock II, I found that the detent ball/bearing on the standard safety are shallower or smaller compared to the extended ambi safety (it will fit but it will be loose). Now, comparing the extended and gold custom safety, the latter has slightly bigger detent giving a better positive click.

I hail from CZ, that i installed the rami safety on my shadow since its rare in PD anyway to use the safety. When I got my stock II, I went the same route but that is when i found out that the regular safeties dont work well.

I now use a gold custom and ride my thumb on it. Work pretty well, except my weak hand. Got a nice blister since i grip it high enough that im hitting its underside.

Its all about how the notches are cut into the frame. Some times the notches are cut so that the pin in the safety does not seat fully into the detent in the frame. You can modify the edges of the notches in the frame to allow the pin to fully engage the detent and this will give you a more positive safety engagement in both positions.

• 2 weeks later...
EAA has the Gold Team safety for $120. Yeesh. Their price hikes are mad. Anyone know where I can get a one-sided Gold Team safety?

120 for gold team single sided safety?? It used to be 84. That is a steep increase!

My 9mm Match arrived this week. The safety snicks off with positive assurance. On is firm enough but without the snick. I'll check the frame as CHA-LEE suggests when I give it a fluff/buff. Must add that relieving the frame takes guts.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the build quality of this gun --- an excellent value!