Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 STI Edge - SVI trigger install

Scramblerx

Hey guys,

I finally stepped up and ordered a STI edge in .40 S&W.

I have always really liked the look of the SVI triggers and want too install that.

I wouldn't mind have a gunsmith do it with a nice trigger job, but i am from central California and have never even seen an STI locally, meaning local gunsmiths are not used to the 2011 platform, and I don't really want to ship it somewhere for 6 weeks because... I want to shoot it!!

Is this something i can do myself? A standard 1911 savy gunsmith can do, or should i wait to i am okay with shipping it away?

You can do it yourself, if you are capable.

There are 2 ways to do it.

1. Narrow the trigger shoe/base to fit the grip.

2. Open up the grip to fit the trigger.

I always do #2.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

I wouldn't say I am the most savy when it comes to doing things like this, but i can follow directions.

I installed the dawson ice magwell / main spring housing on my 1911 and I put together my AR15 lower - but that is the extent of my experience.

how do i go about finding an "old style trigger base"?

Is is just the trigger SHOE thats the problem?

I've been under the impression that the trigger bow caused the fit issues.

It's both. The SV bow is longer than the STI and as a result you have to do something to get enough take up so that the pistol is safe. Do a search here for the thread by Dan Bedell swapping the bows and shoes. Or you could make a die and swage the center of the back of the SV bow forward about .025.

Cool, let me know.

I actually a fan of the red but I'll take what I can get.

Is there a how-to on this, something with pictures?

i know in youtube Derek from Millenium had a video to take apart and put back together..i like the sv triggers i love the feel and look of the BE top curve and have them on ALL my STI/SV/1911 's....i also drop some gorilla glue on the trigger show shoe to make sure it does not wobble over time.

Edited by ogiebb

• 10 months later...

Cool, let me know.

I actually a fan of the red but I'll take what I can get.

Is there a how-to on this, something with pictures?

i know in youtube Derek from Millenium had a video to take apart and put back together..i like the sv triggers i love the feel and look of the BE top curve and have them on ALL my STI/SV/1911 's....i also drop some gorilla glue on the trigger show shoe to make sure it does not wobble over time.

I hate to bring up an old thread. Would you happen to have a link to this?

I've done 3 of them...

Take your STI trigger, cut the shoe off by filing the plastic away.

Take an SVI trigger, cut the shoe of via file/dremel... you want to just take the areas that are peened down that hold the shoe in place, nothing more.

Put SVI shoe, on STI bow, epoxy it in, and have it set inside of your grip. You might need to do a little fitting of the shoe before you glue it together so it goes in the grip.

I've done 3 of them this way... one came undone after like 30k rounds, but I blame that on poor gluing job.

I've done 3 of them...

Take an SVI trigger, cut the shoe of via file/dremel... you want to just take the areas that are peened down that hold the shoe in place, nothing more.

Put SVI shoe, on STI bow, epoxy it in, and have it set inside of your grip. You might need to do a little fitting of the shoe before you glue it together so it goes in the grip.

I've done 3 of them this way... one came undone after like 30k rounds, but I blame that on poor gluing job.

Perfect, thank you. I have ordered the parts.

• 1 month later...

I've done 3 of them...

Wouldn't the trigger bow for the SVI and STI be the same?

I don't understand how putting the SVI shoe on the STI trigger bow helps? Wouldn't it be the same? Isn't the SVI trigger assembly (trigger shoe?) too wide? Isn't that the problem.

Do you have a picture?