2010 Indiana SS/Prod/Rev Championship

"That'll be the day"

John Wayne Quotes

There was a Smokey and the Bandit one for the Wabash Valley Open

A Jeff Cooper one for the 2011 or 2012 SS/Prod/Rev match that was at Atlanta CC

and this year the IN SS/Rev/Prod was "Get the Led Out"

Led Zep song Titles

Edited by JakeMartens

When I took over as Section Coordinator I stole the match theme idea from the Double Tap matches and the big round count stages from the Florida Open, all stages have been 32 except for 2 or 3 small speed shoots each year.

Puts some fun back into it, plus I just like hearing the stage names when they are read to each squad and see people snicker......

the way I see it we are just playing cowboys and indians like we did as kids, just times 100 with our shirts as costumes and the gear is a little nicer!!

Although I have always wanted to see if El Paso Saddlery would make me an inner and outer belt set up, with hand carved leather on the outer belt, set up for our style of holsters and mag pouches...... :blush:

Edited by JakeMartens

Was there not a club FURTHER away from Chicago to have this match at? :angry2:

Well, no, but isn't it just one road for you, 65 South? C'mon, Jake is pretty good, admit it.

Nothing against you Mike, but the further away from Chicago we can get the better....

So yeah it is over a year away, but I got some time on my hands right now and lined up some cool stuff already

1-Silver Creek has 13 or 14 bays......and some 50 yards deep bays (14 stages?!!??!?!? Maybe, kind of the Nationals before the Nationals......wink.png)
Bay 1
24yds deep, 13yds wide
Bay 2
29yds deep, 14yds wide
Bay 3
20yds deep, 18yds wide
Bay 4
35yds deep, 15yds wide
Bay 5
50yds deep, 23yds wide
Bay 6
31yds deep, 15yds wide
Bay 7
50yds deep, 20yds wide
Bay 8
37yds deep, 18yds wide
Bay 9
21yds deep, 10yds wide
Bay 10
23yds deep, 15yds wide
Bay 11
23yds deep, 13 yds wide

2-I have been drawing and stealing stage ideas and tweaking them for the past 3 months already

3-Match is going to be STI Contingency again

4-Target Sports, Ron & Mary Ann are back donating for the early entry firearm

5-Phoenix Trinity as part of being the overall match sponsor is donating a Grip and Frame for a custom build from Glenn Rasch of LoneStar Innovations

6-Nowlin Arms confirmed this morning that they will be supplying parts for that build to include a 6inch 40s&w barrel.......hummmmmm

post-2563-0-56690300-1377882627_thumb.jp
(here is a recent 6inch Build from LSI, so the build for the match will be similiar to this)

7-SNS Casting is back the Major Match Sponsor

8-Costume contest for this one could be interesting

post-2563-0-74826400-1377882652_thumb.jp

post-2563-0-43734900-1377882667_thumb.jp

post-2563-0-74186200-1377882691_thumb.jp

post-2563-0-09348500-1377882713_thumb.jp

post-2563-0-08390000-1377882750_thumb.jp

Was there not a club FURTHER away from Chicago to have this match at? :angry2:

Well, no, but isn't it just one road for you, 65 South? C'mon, Jake is pretty good, admit it.

Nothing against you Mike, but the further away from Chicago we can get the better....

Don't blame you for that haha.

A nationals before the nationals is an awesome concept. With more than a year to plan and a facility as nice as Silvercreek, this could be the humdinger of all Section matches. I'm sure Indiana and Ohio already hold the attendance records, both do great matches!!!

Edited by Chris iliff

Glad it is back in the south after swhafal years at Warsaw. Silver Creek has an awesome range not to mention a bunch of RAT BASTARDS!!! and my HERO Lee Leonard.

Lee is a hero to many of us

08, 09 were at Silver Creek

10 at Atlanta CC

11, 12 were at Warsaw

This year at Riley CC

Time to take it back to Silver Creek and they have the bays and the size range for what I want to do next year

• 1 month later...

I really like how close this is to Louisville. If I remember correct it wasn't even a 20 min ride from the match hotel to the center of the city. I'm excited for this one again, missing all large matches this past season and only going to a few locals just plain sucked. This may be 11 months away, but that gets me thinking it's going to be the biggest and best that Jake and crew have ever done. Very excited for this match.