Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jamaica vs Cancun

The girlfriend and I are thinking of a trip to the Caribbean in December. Our travel agent has recommended two places so far. Just curious if anyone has been to either of these places.

Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun

Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica

Also, have you been to both Jamaica and Cancun and if so, which do you prefer?

Thanks,

I've not been to Cancun but have been to Alcopocco and other resorts in Mexico and tons of islands in Caribbean and Jamaica is my favorite of all because it is the only island the British did not cut all of the mahogany off of and it has beautiful tropic jungles, mountains, etc. people are nice but outside of resort areas is poverty up close. For beauty go to Ochoa Rios and to party go to Negril....obviously, you can party anywhere there, lets just say Ochos Rios is more family friendly then Negril where you can still find hippies and draft dodgers...do not go anywhere south like especially Kingston because of crime, etc. it is flat out heaven!

I w ent ro cancun in 04 had a good time went to mian ruins very cool. I don't think there's any worries about going to Cancun I had a fellow employee that just went a month ago had a good time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I've been lucky to have traveled all over the world and there is no comparison between Mexico and Jamaica ... Hands down Jamaica every time ... Also now is really not the time to be going to Mexico, even if you just stick to the resort areas ... Just my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...

Went to Cancun. The resort was nice, but swimming/snorkeling/beaches were not what I'd hoped for. It's also sort of isolated and touristy. Haven't been to Jamaica, but the island, people and culture sound interesting, if you are the type willing to break away from the touristy venues and explore by yourself.