Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Model No. Rudy Project Glasses

TruStreet

I also have the Rydon but I think the insert is too small as well. I had the lens cut for the proper PD but I can see too much of the insert rims. It doesn't bother me much while shooting but I notice it when I just hang out and with the clear lense I look funny because you can see the small insert. But I look funny anyway so that doesn't bother me.

As far as I can tell a lot of the models use the same insert. The RB3 uses a different layout and that might work better for long pupil distance folks. BTW, mine is 65 to give you an idea what they don't work for.

Vlad

I have a rather large cranium (size 7 7/8 hat if I had a haircut recently, size 8 if not) and I use the Kerosene Golf with plenty of room for expansion.

The insert doesn't bother me with lack of coverage and I wear large lens glasses normally so I would probably notice if they were too small. YMMV of course.

Oakley fits the lens into the glasses. So like the M-frames, they cut a hole in the original lens and put in the prescription. Problem is you are stuck with whatever color lens you had them make.

The other option might be to go with Bolle Vigilante. That's what I've used in the past 10 years, not the Vigilante but Bolle. They were the first to come out with the insert.

I'm also on the big melon club (7 3/4 hat) and I use Rudy Rydon's with Rx insert, that I got from APS Jim. Although the insert seems quite small I believe that unless one has eyes like a fish, they would serve their purpose well.

Good luck!

Not that I would ever be one to try and sell anything... okay maybe I would.... But brand new this year (05) Rudy Project introduced the "Exception" frame.

This is a really cool frame, flip up by design... and includes the RX insert.

New with this frame is the ability to remove the flip up portion of the frame, and it leaves no evidence that the frame has been changed, or wasn't intended for wear without the flip up/then you can remove the rx inserts and put the regular sunglass lenses from the flip up mechanism into the standard frame.

This is a really neat way for someone who sometimes shoots in contacts, and sometimes shoots in glasses; to be able to keep the same frame and lens colors.

Like Rob mentioned I will be at Area 2 and will have plenty of new stuff to try on!!!

Not that I would ever be one to try and sell anything... okay maybe I would.... But brand new this year (05) Rudy Project introduced the "Exception" frame.

This is a really cool frame, flip up by design... and includes the RX insert.

New with this frame is the ability to remove the flip up portion of the frame, and it leaves no evidence that the frame has been changed, or wasn't intended for wear without the flip up/then you can remove the rx inserts and put the regular sunglass lenses from the flip up mechanism into the standard frame.

This is a really neat way for someone who sometimes shoots in contacts, and sometimes shoots in glasses; to be able to keep the same frame and lens colors.

Like Rob mentioned I will be at Area 2 and will have plenty of new stuff to try on!!!

Any pics available anywhere online?