Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer Chute

You can make your own for cheap, whether it be a bottle or something else.

Personally, I just had some plastic tubing laying around from my Lee LCT...so that's what I used. Works wonderfully! Just superglue it down and it stays put.

IMG_0115_zps6d93eb6d.jpg

Edited by polizei1

You should patent it and sell them.. Looks good BTW!!

You can make your own for cheap, whether it be a bottle or something else.Personally, I just had some plastic tubing laying around from my Lee LCT...so that's what I used. Works wonderfully! Just superglue it down and it stays put.IMG_0115_zps6d93eb6d.jpg

Try an empty .40 case at the end of the ramp, lying on it's side. Works like a champ.

Credit goes to racerbra on that one

this is the one i use.

works like a champ easy and fast.

We don't recommend allowing any quantity of primers to stack up here. In the event of a primer detonation, the flashover could reach those with unhappy results. Whenever you get an unseated primer on the slide, remove it from the slide and feed it into the magazine tube, or put it on your flip tray.

Well, unfortunately the ski-jump is a terrible design and needs to be fixed. I would rather have my primers stack up than go flying across the room and ultimately end-up loosing them where the dog's can eat them.

Another option I've seen is to just use duct-tape, and create a higher "wall" on the 3-sides, which prevents the primer from jumping.

Of course Dillon will chime in and say this is no go. Someone came up with an idea that actually works, is selling it, making money and now they don't approve it. Well Dillon, listen to consumers and make some changes. Obviously there are some flaws in your equipment that is superior to the rest but some changes should be made IMO. Another thing is the case feeder height. Why must it be 15" above the press?

Edited by Franco79

I agree with a higher wall so the primers don't take off like an Olympic Skier! Yes, the tape method does work and I used that method for quite some time. But you have to admit it looks like sh*t! Here you have a bad ass reloading machine then you have a piece of duct tape to catch primers.

Well, unfortunately the ski-jump is a terrible design and needs to be fixed. I would rather have my primers stack up than go flying across the room and ultimately end-up loosing them where the dog's can eat them.Another option I've seen is to just use duct-tape, and create a higher "wall" on the 3-sides, which prevents the primer from jumping.

We don't recommend allowing any quantity of primers to stack up here. In the event of a primer detonation, the flashover could reach those with unhappy results. Whenever you get an unseated primer on the slide, remove it from the slide and feed it into the magazine tube, or put it on your flip tray.

I was going to mention that I use the empty 40 cal case method and that it works great but it appears I may be building a small cannon by letting any primers accumulate in my 40 cal primer chute case.

I guess I use the mini cannon method

Thanks for all of the responses. I think that i am going to get the one off ebay it looks the best.

For me even if the ski jump is empty the primer goes flying, which with my 2 year old running around just seems to be a bad deal. I really don't want her to find an eat a primer. So this is just an added insurance policy for me. I don't let them pile up on the ski jump now, nor will i let them pile up in the bottle.

Thanks again

It seems Dillon is offering some valuable safety advice.

Yea, with no improvement to the actual product, other than "catch the primer as it flies across the room." LOL

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my 650, but sometimes, a company needs to realize minor design flaws and improve upon them.

Edited by polizei1

I agree with a higher wall so the primers don't take off like an Olympic Skier! Yes, the tape method does work and I used that method for quite some time. But you have to admit it looks like sh*t! Here you have a bad ass reloading machine then you have a piece of duct tape to catch primers.

Well, unfortunately the ski-jump is a terrible design and needs to be fixed. I would rather have my primers stack up than go flying across the room and ultimately end-up loosing them where the dog's can eat them.Another option I've seen is to just use duct-tape, and create a higher "wall" on the 3-sides, which prevents the primer from jumping.

I upgraded from grey duct tape to black electrical tape. :roflol:

I just have a clear silicon tube over the end, some extra from my brewing supplies, just enough to go over the end and stop primers from possibly flying. When I see a primer there I take it out. I like the other ideas, though. Tried the .40 case last night, meh, not a fan.