Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which after market barrel

Steve Moneypenny

I have a KKM brl in a G35 bought from glockmeister for about $165.

There are more/less expensive barrels out there - this one fell in the middle , price range.

Use it for moly , lead , plated and jacketed bullets - much improvement over the stock barrel and it dropped right in.

edit to add :

I'd recommend it (KKM) or the BarSto from CGR.

Mark

I've got KKM Barrels in a Glock 17 production gun and in a G-17 open gun, with KKM's comp. They're both accurate and reliable --- no feeding issues. They both dropped in. My most accurate Glock however is the 21 Frame with Bar-Sto's 6" top end. Barrel fit is immaculate, the gun's reliable and it shoots better than I can......

Steve,

I have a BarSto for my G21, but after reading the rule book, I'm not entirely sure that it is legal for IDPA. The only issue I have had is reliability. I have found that with the factory barrel the function of the gun is more reliable.

Chris

Gotta vote for the Bar Sto also. I would highly recommend sending it to Irv Stone and having him fit it. I have had Bar Sto's that were "drop in" and 1 he fit and the difference is worth the cost. They are both great options, but the ones he fits are incredible.

I just got a Storm Lake barrel from Brownell's for $150. It dropped right in my G-35, runs reliably, and is a lot more accurate than the factory barrel. I would recommend it.

Larry

PS.- BTW, thanks Matt (CGR) for your help and great service with the magwell and basepads I ordered. You were right, they work great!

• 2 weeks later...

Syme71,

There is no such thing as a barrel for a Glock with a fully supported chamber. Some just are better supported than others. I have found KKM and Briley barrels for Glock to be among the best barrels on the market today.

I also have Bar-Sto barrels but IMHO that they are way over-rated and they also need to be fitted. BTW, the only time I have ever had case failures at the 6 o'clock position was when I was using one of my Bar-Sto barrels (G34) to test some 9x19 major loads with new Starline brass needless to say I was surprised when the case failed on two out of five loads (2nd and 5th) from the same batch. After that experience I will no longer use a Bar-Sto barrel for a 9x19 major load that’s fired out of a Glock.

All have better support than the factory and very close to fully supported if they aren't. KKM 's and bar-sto's are being used to make 9 major out of them.

got a KKM from a fellow forum member. lol BUT i may end up selling/trading some of the glocks. sadly i just can't get my grip right.

Can't get your grip right? C'mon SM. That seems a little lame.

I've tried some revolvers that I couldn't get a grip right, but all of the bottom feeders are about the same if you use the Matt B draw.

TomB

really. well, the gun does not fit my hand in a method in which i can comfortabally grip it consistantly.

when i grip a glock so i have a secure hold on it, the gun is pointed left if i position my grip until it is pointed strait. and in line.. my trigger finger bends back closer to my hand than it should. and the back strap does not contact my palm in a manner which i can keep a good level of consistency.

what does burkett's draw have to do with this?

i have no problems with the 20, or 21 they point strait. (as does teh 30)

Steve,

I didn't realize how negative I sounded, sorry.

It sounds like the fatter Glocks fit you better. For the 35 I build up a little grip tape (the Matt K kind) on the strong side of the grip near the top to get my finger to fall on the trigger where I want it. I guess the inflexibility of the Glock grip could leave you out in the cold versus the many ways you can change a 1911 grip to your liking.

TomB