Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Parts and M&P's

Forrest Halley

I am in the market for an M&P and I have seen all the trigger modification gear. The FSS looks like a great option, but is there any way to get it under 4-5 pounds? Has anybody had any luck with this and if so how did you do it?

Also how necessary is this RAM?

All ideas are welcome. I'll figure out where it fits in later.

Im currently using the FSS kit in my limited 40 pro with a combination of some of the competition spring kit springs and stock S&W spring. A little bit of polishing and It pulls at 3lbs. Im using the trigger return and striker spring from the competition kit, stock sear spring and the rest was from the FSS kit.I originally tried using the competition sear spring but just like they warned, I experienced dead trigger issues. So far this set up has been reliable for me and is a great upgrade. As far as the RAM, a definite must have.

I have the FSS in my standard m&p 9, and love it! I don't think the RAM is 100% necessary, but I have had issues with not letting out the trigger far enough in matches. If you call the guys over at APEX they can definitely help you figure out the right combination of parts to get your desired trigger pull weight before you order.

I'm at 2.5 pounds with the FSS trigger/sear and comp springs all around. I had to do a lot of work to the FSS to make it reliable an keep it from peening off the metal on the striker safety leg. If I had to start over I would just do comp springs, sear and USB on the stock trigger.

Stock has a lot more take up and a longer reset. But when I shoot my limited rig back to back with my production gun, after 10 rounds I'm not shooting any better or worse with one over the other. The production setup is completely stock. It's something I would notice more in dry fire, but under a buzzer. All I notice is "bang bang bang"

Thanks everybody! I am noticing that the trigger on my new acquisition is quite long and that alone is enough for me to change something inside. I think the FSS may just be the way I go with it. Any suggestions on other gear like holsters or mag pouches is also appreciated. Thanks!

For holster and mag pouch. Check out Center Of Mass (COM) he is a vet and makes what I believe the best holster and mag pouch around. Reasonable in price. Only negative it takes about 4 weeks as he guilds them to your order.

:cheers:

For holster and mag pouch. Check out Center Of Mass (COM) he is a vet and makes what I believe the best holster and mag pouch around. Reasonable in price. Only negative it takes about 4 weeks as he guilds them to your order.

:cheers:

+1 great products

Edited by junkie

Update:

Installed FSS last night/this morning. Everything was super tight and getting it all to come out was a bear. Used springs from Comp kit on striker and trigger return. FSS kit everywhere else. Ended up with a couple of springs in used. Didn't change spring in sear deactivator. Changed striker block spring and sear spring too. Ended up with a very weak shorter spring left over. Not sure what or where that goes. Didn't come off the gun, came out of the bag.

Shot the gun this afternoon with new warren sights. I like it and it is very short and very light in the 2# range for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

YES.... Ya do end up with unused parts from kits!

My trigger parts.

Apex alum FSS kit.

Competition spring kit

RAM kit

Result... 2.2lbs per my digital gauge.... 11.4 oz to the wall, then breaks at 2.2lbs ya do the math. LOL

2 steel matches and 500rds later ZERO issues!!!!