Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning 3-Gun 2013!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got done with shooting with the RO's today. Man, that was a fun match! The stages were great. As far as the weather and bugs... Neither were bad. There were ladybugs aplentybut hardly any gnats. Weather was about 80 tomorrow in tge mid 60's with rain predicted. So bring lots of socks, pants, and most importantly good boots(that you don't mind getting muddy)!

Edited by george76904

Driving back to Dothan I get stopped behind a line of traffic on the highway. All I can see are taillights with red & blue lights flashing about 1/8 Mile ahead. I figure it's either an accident or a checkpoint. Since I spilled a beer or two on my jacket accidentally after the match I figured it would be best to take a detour around the obstruction. After a few side streets I hit Main Street and this ...

D4CF91B4-F624-4210-89FD-5BBC2AE66B20_zps

Christmas parade! Yeah that's my homeboy Santa and his old lady. I climbed up there on Santas lap and said I don't want anything for Christmas if I could just get all the poppers to fall when I hit them the first time tomorrow. He let out a big HO HO HO and put a shiny black boot in my ass abd kicked me off his float and said I'm Santa, not God.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I had a great time today just wish I would have brought my brain. Lots of mental screw ups for me. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Pat

Brought your brain? I offered to let you wear my pumps!

I'll even give Pat first crack at posting *that* conversation... :)

I gaaaave you a reshoot, what more do you want?!?

Some of the steel on red white and blue need a stern talking to!!!!!!!

Yeah I just watched my video on that one. Shot a popper solid. Loud ding so it was definitely not an edge and there was no low hits on it. Didn't fall of course and I never looked back after calling my shot and hearing the report of the ding. Of course Miss Katie's calibration gun got it, dayum! Same deal on a shotgun popper on the bridge stage. Shot it twice at a high angle by the bridge. Saw it wiggle good on the make up shot but it would go down from that far to the side I guess.

That soft ground under the poppers gets pounded and they sink. You never know when they need adjustment until they won't go down at all. Not much the RO's and staff can do about it until it's out of calibration. Nobody's fault but mine for not making sure everything down. I'm now doing my scan and assess and checking my 6 before I leave an array.

Great match! I would like to say thank you to Hampton, the AMU action shooting team and all the rest of the crew for putting on a great match and ensuring that it ran smooth. Thanks to Legion for opening up their facilities to all of us and a special thanks to the sponsors that supported this match even though their 2013 budgets were already accounted for. This just goes to show you that there is great support for 3 Gun and outstanding industry partners.

In closing the stages were not super long, but I promise you they were very well thought out and designed to challenge every skill level. When you walk away from a match and say that your two favorite stages were the ones that you did the worst on says something!

I will be back next year for sure. This years match was just a taste for what next year will bring knowing the team that is running it.

Great job guys!

Mike Cassidy

Great match guys, thanks for keeping this match together this year. The ROs were great were great to work with, thank you for all of your hard work. Big thank you to all of the sponsors this year as well. See you guys next time. BTW, loved the two day format.

Edited by 9X23Guy

Wow, that was a GREAT match! Big thanks to Aaron, Daniel and the rest of the AMU guys. Super fun stages, both fast and challenging. Sponsors were super generous! This will definitely be on my must shoot list next year.

SUPER FUN match. Thanks so much to Aaron, the entire AMU team, all the ROs and match staff, you guys (and gals) were awesome!

Huge props to Legion OTG for making the facility available to us and bringing in some fantastic eats from a local vendor too.

Had a great time shooting with some friends and making several new ones.

I never got to shoot the original FB3G, but I won't miss another SE3GC!

Edited by New4John