Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fall Matches at Steel City - Birmingham, AL

Brock’s Gap Training Center is pleased to announce two exciting shooting events this Fall.

2013 Steel City Carbine Championship – Saturday, October 19th.

This is an event that many people are familiar with. We will have the usual 7 action packed carbine stages with a heavy emphasis on the fun factor! Two of the stages will have steel targets out to around 300yds to go along with several CQB type stages. Trophies will be awarded to the top finishers in each category. Additional details can be found on the BGTC website: http://www.brocksgap.com/brocksgap/clientuploads/documents/Announcement_&_Application_-_2013_Steel_City_Carbine_Championship.pdf

Please note: the application was put up on the website just before the July 4th weekend and we’re already about 1/3rd full. This match generally fills up very quickly. If you think you would like to shoot, please register soon!

2013 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge – Saturday, November 16th.

This is a new event for BGTC and we are very excited to kick off our inaugural match this Fall! The match will consist of several scenario based stages involving rifle targets at ranges from 25-725 yards as well as a number of pistol targets. The overall point distribution will be approximately 80%/20% Rifle/Pistol. Pistol will definitely be more than a token portion of this match. In order to do well, you will need to be able to compete strongly with the pistol.

We have four experienced match directors working together to ensure this event is safe, fun and well organized. A number of sponsors have expressed interest in supporting The Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge and we are planning to have an order of finish prize table. The type and number of prizes has yet to be determined but details will be communicated as sponsors come on board.

Additional details can be found on the website: http://www.brocksgap.com/precision-rifle-challenge/2013-steel-city-precision-rifle-challenge/

We look forward to seeing you this Fall at Steel City!

App going in for precision rifle match

Not for the carbine match? Really?

Think I will be in KY that weekend

Figured it was that or you had to stay home for some henpecked thing:-)

The way the range schedule worked out this Fall we had to hold the Carbine Championship on either the third Saturday in September or the third Saturday in October. Either way there is a conflict with a major Multigun match (FN or Blueridge). So many matches, so few weekends....

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, the Carbine Championship is almost full. Less than 10 spots remaining.

The Precision Rifle Challenge is filling up also and we've got several major sponsors confirmed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering entering this match, but it would be my first precision rifle contest.

The rifle I would use isn't currently set up to engage targets beyond 500 yds.

Can someone give me a little more detailed info on how the match would run and how the stages might be set up?

I need to know what I am getting into so I can show up properly equipped for both the rifle and pistol stages.

Tls

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dt1, what information can you give about the buddy 3 gun match taking place 28Sep13?

No clue. That match is administered by different people at the range. It is generally considered a fairly low speed event.

• 1 month later...

Another excellant carbine match.

Thanks to David and all of the folks who worked hard to make the match a sucess.

Thanks from the RO's on stage 3 to the competitors for their help taping targets and being safe.

Robert

L2723

Thank you for working the match! This match is always fun. It is always good to see you and Peter.

Hurley

I would like to thank all of the ROs, Match Director (Ms Kim), Co-Match Director (Tapp) and everyone who helped make this match possible. Thanks to Smith and Wesson and Nightforce for their sponsorship as well. Ya'll always put on a great match and this one was no exception. Fun stages, great fellowship. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one.

Hurley

I'm not sure if I win the distance award but Mr, Tapp and company make a trip from MN worth it. One of my favorite "Little-Big" matches. Squad 7 was a good group to shoot with. I shot a decent match, Auburn beat A & M, spent Sunday at Talladega (My ears are still ringing, I should have brought my ear protection with me)...going home tomorrow.

I will be back.

Glad everyone had a good time! This one is fun to put on each year. Lee, yes you got the award for coming the longest way to compete. You really hit a home run, fun match, Auburn win and Talladega on Sunday. Doesn't get better than that.

Thanks to Robert, Pete and all the RO's for making it happen!

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the precision rifle match last night.

This morning I'm still thinking about how it went as my body slowly recovers.

I am primarily a pistol competitor and this was my first ever multi-gun competition.

It was certainly the first time I have ever tried to engage 700yd + targets from the hood of a truck.

The match was exactly what I hoped it would be,... A good time and a great learning experience.

I definately learned that I'm not in shape to run uphill carrying all that gear.

At the top of the hill on stage 4B, there was a moment when I couldn't decide whether to shoot or call for an ambulance.

I wont need an EKG this year because I just stress tested my heart.

My appreciation to the match staff and the sponsors.

The work that went into setting up that match had to be incredible.

The prize table was outstanding.

Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

Matches come and go but I will never forget this one.

Tls

post-6467-0-22396800-1384698460_thumb.jp