Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrecking My Truck

gino_aki

OK, not the actual wrecking of it, but being able to to type this out at home and no injuries save a bit of a sore shoulder blade. And being here to remind you guys that when your wife tells you to drive carefully as you're out the door for another trip to the range to stop and LISTEN for a change.

Still made it to the range for some sighting in work with two friends from work (yes they stopped at the scene when they reached it) and went and got some of Bruddah Willy's Sticky Ribs after I got back home so the day wasn't totally ruined. Police officer wasn't even fazed about me telling him I had five guns and all the accompanying accessories in the truck. I am kinda pissed off that I bozoed so big time.

My wife is still half convinced this was just a ploy on my part to get back into a bigger truck. I am so wounded she would even THINK such a thing... :devil:

post-5998-0-00963000-1372997393_thumb.jp post-5998-0-73335500-1372997458_thumb.jp

Did I mention I REALLY like that airbags work?

Anyway tomorrow will start the stuff I HATE, insurance claims, renting something until I can get another ride (maybe I WON'T get that bike just yet), finding out I can't afford another new vehicle...and so forth and so on.

But I'm really glad to be here to remind you guys that it only takes a moment's inattention to step in front of that bus.

Don't step in front of that bus. You might not be as lucky as me.

post-5998-0-93723700-1372997945_thumb.jp

(trying to call the insurance co from the range)

A hui hou,

Gino

Rear ended two guys when they stopped to make a left turn into that badly placed entry/exit from Ma'alaea Harbor, the one by Buzz's Wharf. And yeah, I was checking the surf instead of paying attention.

Didn't even get the guys' names, 'cause MPD took our info separately. They weren't injured either, thanks be to any and all deities, happy chance or any random angels that were about.

Edited by gino_aki

I SHOULD'VE done what I had originally planned and gone dawn patrol after locking my stuff up at the range...surf was small fun stuff and the conditions were perfect. And one of my favorite spots is across the highway from the range.

I SHOULD'VE done what I had originally planned and gone dawn patrol after locking my stuff up at the range...surf was small fun stuff and the conditions were perfect. And one of my favorite spots is across the highway from the range.

That's where I thought you went since I didn't see you at the range. Good to hear that you're okay.

How did you manage to climb the guardrail?

I hate that little entrance to Maalaea too.

Gotta love the seatbelts and airbags, they work.

I gotta go read that report.