Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi primers small pistol should I purchase

stoked4AA

Thank you for the reply If anyone else has experience please share I am near a gunshow and a vendor has them.... I hope that im not to late on this deal if they are good.

P.S what are most people paying right now. I'v got 10,000 federals on backorder for who knows how much longer. Ive only been at this for 4 years and really miss the old days.. LOL 18.00 to 25.00 a thousand

The price on a box that I have says 36.95 per 1500. Now that is from last fall when 1k of Win were running about $30. I'm sure the same ratio should apply now, tho much higher :goof:

Ron, I'm to old school to know how to post a picture of the box. The ones I have are in a small square black box with white lettering.

The black box with white printing are the ones I've used with great success. Never had a bad one yeat in about 13,000.

BUt

I bought some off a guy that said he was having a hard time getting them to fire in his 15 lbs main spring, 9mm 1911!!

I bought and used them without problem. I run 17 or 18 lbs mainsprings to speed the hammer fall!

Mains only effect trigger pull by ozs. at 2 lbs intervals and that can be adjusted other ways.

So my answer in a nut shell is "buy them"

I have been using them for quite a few years. Never had any issues and would recommend them. I would not use anything below a 17lb main spring. I tried using a 15lb main spring and had problems setting them off. However never had any issues with a 17lb or higher.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I am getting primer failures 1 primer of every 100- 150 shots is a failure and saving these rounds they will not fire with another strike. This is in my glock 34 standard striker and lightened striker spring. I will get an update again with 2011 3lb trigger pull 17 lb mainspring stock hammer and firing pin.

Edited by stoked4AA

try the glockworx/zev extended lightented ss stiker, the stiker will snap a bit harder with the lighter spring and the tip will hit deeper. I use federals almost exclusively though. Itried this with the Tula SPMs and had klight strikes but I think it was more due to seating.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...