Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Falling Out of 35

RJH

I have had a few problems with my mag falling out here lately. Usually it happens on the second or third shot of a stage. I am almost positive that I am hitting the mag release with my weak hand during recoil. Does anyone else have this problem? I have already filed off the serrations and sharp edges on the factory button. Thanks.

Is it the extended release. I round mine quite a bit where it is rounded over and the edges beveled. Your grip is what's doing it and hitting the release on the meaty part of hand. Worst case put in a factory non extended one

It sounds like your grip is shifting on you because you have a weak grip or undesirable hand placement.

The hard case answer is to "fix" your grip and be ok like the multitude of other guys who run the same equipment.

I've been guilty of running away from technique flaws myself though, this one specifically, so please don't read this as I'm throwing stones at you.

I put some time in on grip strength training & Bill drills specifically to work out my problems.

I have this problem with the CZ TS. I had to put in a new spring and adjust my grip a bit. One of the reasons I shoot Glocks now. I think someone needs to offer springs with just a bit more umph for this application. Maybe a lower profile safety is in order? That is why they have em :D

Not throw stones either, but your left hand grip angle is what the problem sounds like. Try keeping your left forearm and thumb pointed at target with both being parellel with the ground. This keeps the thumb/palm meat off the release.

I second the recommendation to replace the mag release with either a Vickers release or a shorter one as comes in all the pistols except the 34/35. Neither option is expensive and both provide great improvements over the 34/35 factory release.

It could also be that you are not seating the mag until the release locks. If you push it in and don't feel the click and hear it then it's not locked in. This happens most on a reload with a closed slide on full mags because then it takes extra pressure to get the mag seated.

I think filing it did the trick. I forgot that I had the same problem with a 2011 with an extended/oversized mag release. I never had that trouble with my stock XD.