Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best value stock for ar-15?

wanttolearn

Hi, just building an AR-15 for run and gun, 3 gun type classes and competition. I need to purchase a stock. Preferably something very stable, not loose fitting but still adjustable.

I have an ACE stock on another rifle but not in love with the foam, also not adjustable.

What would you recommend? thanks

"Value" is very subjective, so you're query will be all over the board, depending on who you ask. The two most popular are the Magpul offerings and the Vltor offerings. With that said, in regards to value I would take a look at the new B5 offerings if you are a Sopmod type of guy, they have a new economical offering that's similar to the Sopmod minus the storage compartment which to me is utterly useless. Even more important is to get a good extension, don't cheap out on the buffer tube and buy the cheapest you see. The difference will be in the threading, and exterior finish which will effect how well it locks up to your stock.

Hi, just building an AR-15 for run and gun, 3 gun type classes and competition. I need to purchase a stock. Preferably something very stable, not loose fitting but still adjustable.

I have an ACE stock on another rifle but not in love with the foam, also not adjustable.

What would you recommend? thanks

Best value Magpul MOE in my opinion. No frills and works.

Pat

I second the Magpul ACS. Very stable and the wide cheek piece is nice—for me to get a good sight picture on my scope, I end up using more of a "jaw" weld than a cheek weld, and the contour of the ACS fits me perfectly for that.

The Colt/Rogers Super Stock is adjustable, strong and locks down like a fixed stock. I mean, no wiggle at all. It come with QD mounts and will fit onto both milspec and commercial receiver extensions (aka buffer tube). They can be found on line for about $70.

I have always liked fixed stocks. I bought a Magpul MOE fixed stock for my AR10 and really like it. It has a better feeling cheekweld (to me) than my old A2 stocks. I also have an Ace on my JP CTR02, I like the foam.

Hurley