Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

It is the only paved bay at our range. Club shooters are allowed to use it as long as Law Enforcement is not practicing. I love that he clears the Texas Star in 6 shots FROM 25 YARDS! He also did well on the spinner considering that he was shooting 7/8oz 20ga loads from a mod choke. One day soon he will be beating me regularly and I will never hear the end of it!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, your son is a BEAST with that pistol!!! Man he's a better shot than me.Yah, my son is 8 he was in the background banging sticks against a tree like a typical boy and my daughter is 11. I know what you mean about "too embarrassing" thing my daughter is starting to show signs of it now :( They'll come around and Tom great video of your son he is going to be a really good shooter!! he really already is.

oscar

I wish I had paved shooting bays to practice in. Great shooting, my daughter jusy turned 4 so it will be a while before we are shooting together.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They do like to start young, don't they? My daughter will be 4 this July and is already pestering me for an M&P 15-22 in pink camo for her birthday.

Anyone here tried putting a M2 Comfortec stock on a Stoeger M3000 to soak up some of the recoil.?

The guns are supposed to be similar and made under licence to Benelli.

Thanks

Adding a $300 stock to a $450 gun isn't the must economical idea. You're better off just buying an M2. With that said I think the M2 stock insert could be hiked into an M3k and the M2 gel pad would fit. But again that a $125-150 butt pad.

Can't you cut the Kick Eez pads down to custom fit? My concern is if the adhesive would come undone.

They have a grind able version but my goal is to find an off the shelf $30 option for the new shooter who has probably never even removed a butt pad before.

Does anybody have any experience in the grind able one and how does it look after you modify? Jesse do these Kick Eez pads work well?

I thought of the M2 stock as I found the LOP of the Stoeger just a little long and thought being able to

change the recoil pad on the M2 would help shorten it.

Cutting the stock is not an easy way as its difficult to fit a new pad on after

Received mine back from MOA Precision today.

Super work!!!!!!!!!!!

Trigger avg 4lb.11oz, Travel greatly reduced. Machine work outstanding. Loading port is perfect for me, dropped quads smoother out the gate than two weeks of practice with old shotty. I think I'm going to be able to drop quads weakhand with this gun which I could not do before. Bolt release, safety, and ext bolt handle are top notch parts!

Complaints:

Tom needs to offer this as a built pkg. Buying the gun, then paying shipping both ways is gonna run about $60.00.

I was not informed that the MOA logo was going to be put on side of reciever. I like it but it could be a little deeper, I think after I cerakote the reciever it is not going to show up very well.

Did not get my original mag spring back?

Ship the gun with the ext bolt handle out. USPS beat the box pretty hard and it was protruding out when it arrived.

Could use some instructions on adjusting trigger.

Synopsis:

Package is well worth the cost. Have another one here that will be making the trip shortly.

Whats left to do on gun?

I have been bit by the lifter on fat part of middle finger a couple times. May fill the concave area in to get rid of the points. Have not noticed the "stubbing" so far that other folks have mentioned so I don't know if I will extend it up any like the TTI lifter.

Like Jesse I am looking for a good recoil pad replacement.

Refinish. The matte finish on the gun and mag tube are NASTY! Show dust and grimereally bad, CeraKote is coming.

FWIW

Brad Metcalf

Received mine back from MOA Precision today.

Super work!!!!!!!!!!!

Refinish. The matte finish on the gun and mag tube are NASTY! Show dust and grimereally bad, CeraKote is coming.

FWIW

Brad Metcalf

C'mon we need pics of the awesome work.

You are going to pay to refinish a $500 shotgun? Run it hard and who cares what it looks like.

I agree with Jesse's train of thought. Make cheap functional changes to a budget gun. If you want a looker spend for a $1000+ shotgun.

I figure all in (gun, taxes, parts) I will have <$750 into mine.

Working on a grind to fit kick-eez for buttpad. Not that excited about doing the work so will probably be a few weeks. I will be removing 3/4" off the stock too. I do have a comfort tech from a super nova lying around. They are pretty similar to M2's comfort-techs? might see if they will mate up.

Thanks for the honest feedback! I will address each concern as follows-

Complaints:
Tom needs to offer this as a built pkg. Buying the gun, then paying shipping both ways is gonna run about $60.00.

Response- We are trying, but having trouble getting them in stock. Stoeger won't let us be a stocking dealer because we don't have a dedicated retail storefront. :(

I was not informed that the MOA logo was going to be put on side of reciever. I like it but it could be a little deeper, I think after I cerakote the reciever it is not going to show up very well.

Response- My apologies, I should have mentioned that we do that as part of the package. Should show thru Cerakote, we engrave our AR quadrails .004 deep and it is easy to read.

Did not get my original mag spring back?

Response- Oversight on our part, I will make sure it goes out in tomorrow's mail.

Ship the gun with the ext bolt handle out. USPS beat the box pretty hard and it was protruding out when it arrived.

Response- WOW! When it shipped it had a red vinyl protective tube over the bolt handle to prevent damage. Was the protector missing too? Biggest issue is that if we remove bolt handle on a complete receiver the bolt, carrier, and spring will be floating around scratching everything in the box by the time it gets there. We will see if there is a better way to pack it in the original box.

Could use some instructions on adjusting trigger.

Response- Good point, we have been thinking about that. Our biggest concern is that there are a few people out there who should NOT adjust their own trigger. If we give instructions, we take on the liability if they adjust it to an unsafe point. That defeats the purpose of test firing it here. If somebody calls here and asks how to adjust, we can size up their knowledge level and determine how much information they are safe with. I would be happy to email you instructions since we have talked on the phone and I know your competence level.

Yes the red plastic cover was stiil on just sticking out of box. Why not ship with factory bolt handle installed? I do my own cerakote so cost is minimal, but I understand where you were coming from

Things can and do happen, are we happy about it NO! . Tom owner .MOA has gone all out to supply owners of Stoegers M3K some really nice aftermarket part and tons of information that no one else is marketing right now with the exception of Taran ,and there also a great company, We all want to have smooth functional shotgun, and that's why we buy it. I've been happy. :)

Just to set the record straight. I was VERY happy with MOA's work, simply outlined my entire experience in hopes of helping improve the product even more! As I stated previously there will be another going to him soon.

Brad Metcalf

after 2 months of this sitting in the gun room, and waiting for my shoulder surgery to heal, i FINALLY got to go shoot it last night. its the 28" with the +8. i have a 24" coming in next week. and 2 sets of competition parts coming from TOM over an MOA. Machined the loading port, works well but im going to go deeper on the non serial # side.ResizedImage_1396023589894_zps67d47707.jResizedImage_1396023605980_zpscf4f4ef1.j

after 2 months of this sitting in the gun room, and waiting for my shoulder surgery to heal, i FINALLY got to go shoot it last night. its the 28" with the +8. i have a 24" coming in next week. and 2 sets of competition parts coming from TOM over an MOA. Machined the loading port, works well but im going to go deeper on the non serial # side.ResizedImage_1396023589894_zps67d47707.jResizedImage_1396023605980_zpscf4f4ef1.j

Looks good man, you are def going to want to round off the inner edges. Take a look at a video i posted on page 30 I think or 29. There is video of me modding the loading port. Fast Forward to the end to see the end product because then you will want to watch the entire video.

I'm at TFD and it has literally rained all day long(still having a blast). However, we s

hot 4 stages today and I had a several FTEs with the 1200fps slugs and also a few with the 1 1/8 3 dram shells. A few times the shell would catch in the ejection port, other times I would have to cycle the bolt to remedy the problem. I suspect that it has something to do with the gun getting soaked and affecting the cycling just enough to cause a problem. I also saw Benellis and Mossys acting up a few times?

What do you think?

I'm at TFD and it has literally rained all day long(still having a blast). However, we s

hot 4 stages today and I had a several FTEs with the 1200fps slugs and also a few with the 1 1/8 3 dram shells. A few times the shell would catch in the ejection port, other times I would have to cycle the bolt to remedy the problem. I suspect that it has something to do with the gun getting soaked and affecting the cycling just enough to cause a problem. I also saw Benellis and Mossys acting up a few times?

What do you think?

I think this..... Ok, actually I think there is not much you can do in the mud of South GA. It will get everywhere and into everything.

Heck when one bay is not puddles but a lake of water 4" deep what's a guy to do.....

Maybe you could try and grease it up heavy to keep the mud and water at bay instead of regular lube.

IMG_48881024x768_zpsa295002a.jpg

Edited by ToysRUs

I didi all but detail strip the bolt last night. Lubed it up well and shot it today with similar results. It ran great for the most part but I still suspect the 1200fps slugs are a little light. I may consider lightening the bolts once it's something I can do myself. Tom, can you give me a little advice? Photos?

I didi all but detail strip the bolt last night. Lubed it up well and shot it today with similar results. It ran great for the most part but I still suspect the 1200fps slugs are a little light. I may consider lightening the bolts once it's something I can do myself. Tom, can you give me a little advice? Photos?

Wouldn't lightening the bolt make it cycle light loads worse? How loose are you holding the gun and have you added a softer recoil pad? Both seem to help my gun cycle. If I barely hold the gun it will cycle the 1150 fps Fiocchi slugs, but I don't think I'd use them in a match.