Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side ways mounted Cmore ?

hornetx40

easy way to slove that don't miss and you don't have to worry about what isn't there. I'm just shooting steel challenge for now so finding 5 targets and knowing where they are 5 times in a row is a bit different than running thru a course and finding all those brown things to shoot at.

Man... :roflol: I may have to try a sideways mount just to give these jealous guys something to complain about.

You know, I hear a lot of people talking about the vision barrier on the left side of the gun but to be honest, when the buzzer goes off, I swear I do not see it and it does not bother me - all I see is the dot. Now, if I could just get that dot to stay on the target when I pull the trigger, I'd be getting somewhere :)

EXACTLY ;)

They are grotesque structures. Asthetically unappealing. About as pretty as my spelling.

Advantages = none

Disadvantages = ugly lopsided gun. Could cause Funny dot movement. Weekend left eye muscles.

Of course none of this is verified outside my own expertise. Which, of course, is legendary.

Serious, I use an upright, have nothing against sideways. It's like the Coke/Pepsi thing.

You sideways guys are weird.

IMHO

I understand the sarcasm, but I do have to address the "advantages-none" part. The lower to the bore setup of the sideways dot is a huge advantage if you want to be accurate at both close and far distances. There is a huge difference with the upright mounts.

Also, there is a big advantage when shooting 9mm. Having the dot mounted out of the way eliminates (virtually) all ejection problems.

I'm going to the RTS mount btw to get rid of the blind spot.

I'm glad you got it, the sarcasm that is.

I think, personally, the advantage in accuracy is misleading. That is my humble opinion, no sarcasm. I find a good zero at 17 yards, which is considered the "sweet spot" by many upright mounted Cmore shooters, allows me plenty of accuracy. Well, as much as I need, I'm no bullseye guy that's for sure.. Stretch that zero out to 25 yards and were talking even better. The problem most run into, including myself for awhile, was the 8-10 yard zero. With that, Now things out at 30 yards and beyond get funky. You mean I got to aim low to hit a far target? Yep, just funky.

For me, the 17 yard zero did the trick, I can hit clear out to fifty yards with no thinking per se. If I zeroed farther out it'd be even less of a no brainier.

As far as ejection problems with a nine? Thing of the past with a good smith. GAN's has built mine and it runs like a top, his guns seem to do that though in my experience. Cheely's nine's seem to run fine too, heck, there are plenty of good smiths that can make a nine run with an upright mount nowadays.

Finding the dot easier? You might have it there. For me, it just took some solid dry fire for a little bit and 4 matches a month over 1 summer and I never had the "can't find the dot problem" after that. I don't know why some claim they can't find the dot or that it is too hard to find the dot. I believe them, I guess I just worked through that and now it's the least of my concerns, so it seems kinda strange to me.

When it's all said and done, shooting Open just plain rocks!! What matters is how you feel about your equipment and your shooting experience. I'm all for any mount if it gets a shooter to go Open.

Of course, I'm gonna let the sideways mounted shooters know that they are a weird bunch.........flagrantly opposing all common sense and taste. Plus the damage to the left eye caused by the offset mount is irreparable. Kinda like the glasses the "Jerk" invented in the movie.

I shot the upright for 6 months was ready to go back to irons, got sideways and I'm still shooting open 3 years later. I was upright challenged. My current thought is I want to take one gun and mount an AIM point, or other tube dot, these seem to be a lot more accurate the tube gives your eye and brain something to line up on, may be the ultimate fix for dot challenged individuals.

At a recent match the dot quit mid stage so the last 16 were taken dotless, I just pointed the thing pulled the trigger and went on, slowed me down a bit but I got all the hits.

As far as the blind spot I don't notice it going either direction. In 200 matches, I can blame 1 no shoot on the blind spot, but stupidity was more the cause as I could have moved my muzzle a couple inches forward and been in front of it.

No one seemed to have mentioned that you may have to adjust your draw a bit with the sideways mount if you find yourself jamming your thumb into the sight on the draw. Ive seen more than a few experienced shooter curse at their thumb hitting it when trying one in practice. Small thing but worth mentioning

No one seemed to have mentioned that you may have to adjust your draw a bit with the sideways mount if you find yourself jamming your thumb into the sight on the draw. Ive seen more than a few experienced shooter curse at their thumb hitting it when trying one in practice. Small thing but worth mentioning

This why I dumped mine, No room for my thumbs... plus they look ridiculous

Went from a upright mount on my open tanfoglio to a side ways mounted cmore on my new open custom STI never wil go back again .

Easier dot pick up and less difference between distances .

Wish i did this earlier .

No problem with my thumb when drawing ( but i have reasonble small hands ).

Edited by Tino2212

I thought the sideways mount was there to make it easier to zero for stages with "compton scoring", the strong hand only gun canted stages... I guess you would need to clock the comp differently for those stages too

Sounds like some of the car forums I am on. Mustangs suck and here's why. No, Camaro's suck and here's why. Ya, but the Mustang has this, and the Camaro has that. And so on, for infinity.

I have shot both the upright mount and the sideways mount. Wanted to get a feel for both mounts before I made a decision on which I wanted to use. There were 4 of us who shot both types for the 1st time. 2 of us liked the sideways mounted CMore (myself included), and 2 that liked the upright mount. To me the sideways mount seemed more natural, and I didn't have an issue with the sight blocking any vision. It's like why I like Glocks, but my friend likes his XD better. It's kind of a personal choice as both are good guns.

I really expected to like the upright mount better, due to talking to other shooters. The only real way for you to know if you like it is to try them out.