Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry does it again !!!!

hopalong

Chalk up another one for Jerry, Revolvers version of TGO

This is Master class only (IDPA does not have a GM)

Jerry Miculek 192 54 Points down (IDPA scores time plus, 1 point = 1/2 second)

Alex Zimmerman 204.01 31 PD

Curt Nichols 221.46 38 PD

Ron Holland 223.6 35 PD

Larry Treen 239.47 52 PD

Scott Randolph 247.34 35 PD

Fredrick Harring 261.26 97 PD (This is Firewalker on BE.com) Way to GO FW!!!

Gary Dunlap 266.13 116 PD

Roger Reid 268.63 82 PD

Ok congrats go out to everyone, weather they won their class, the match or had a bad match as there were 58 revolver shooters in this match, good going guys and gals.

Rant Mode Back ON:

IF USPSA could take a HINT::::::: (58 vs 17) ?????

Rant Mode OFF

The gap between Jerry and Alex is not much at all, I have not seen any of these guys shoot except Ron Holland, Ron is a very good revolver shooter from Alabama and has several targets on his back from the folks around here that shoot revolver in IDPA.

The reason I think Jerry did not run away with the match like he did at USPSA Nationals is this is fairly new to him as he has not shot it much except in the last almost 2 years now and it is still somewhat "foriegn" to him plus his ability to "run" through a stage like no others is negated by the way IDPA Stages are run using cover to shoot from and reloading behind cover ect.

I am not and don't mean to take away from Alex, I am sure he is a good shot with that revo too as he would not be where he is on that list( and all the other guys) but I think (Opinions again) he (Jerry) is still on the learning curve in this game.

and will distance himself form the others in a very short time.

SAM

Edited by hopalong

Years ago, I shot with (and against) Jerry M. at various bowling pin matches (Second Chance, Texarkana, etc.), including several man-on-man shoot-off situations.

When Jerry is on his game, he cannot be beaten by any other human being on this planet shooting a revolver. At least, nobody that we've discovered! :)

The only way to take him on is forget about how dang fast he shoots and play the game the same way you always do--and hope that he pushes the speed just a little bit too far and goes off the edge. It doesn't happen too often, but it does happen. I edged him out on the Main Event at Second Chance in 1993, but only because he made a complete mess out of two tables--and emptied his back-up gun on the tie-breaker. I forced myself to just plunk away at my usual boring speed, and it worked. Jerry finished third overall, I was second--unfortunately, Ken Tapp beat us both by several seconds.

Mike

Chalk up another one for Jerry, Revolvers version of TGO

This is Master class only (IDPA does not have a GM)

Jerry Miculek 192 54 Points down (IDPA scores time plus, 1 point = 1/2 second)

Alex Zimmerman 204.01 31 PD

Curt Nichols 221.46 38 PD

Ron Holland 223.6 35 PD

Larry Treen 239.47 52 PD

Scott Randolph 247.34 35 PD

Fredrick Harring 261.26 97 PD (This is Firewalker on BE.com) Way to GO FW!!!

Gary Dunlap 266.13 116 PD

Roger Reid 268.63 82 PD

Sam, I was just checking the online results, and happened to notice that you forgot to list Mike Shovel (another old pin-shooter from the old days), who finished ninth master, between Dunlap and Reid.

Man, all of this is making me want to shoot the IDPA Nationals next year!!

Mike

Kudos to Jerry for whooping ass in every revolvergame out there.

The only way to take him on is forget about how dang fast he shoots and play the game the same way you always do--and hope that he pushes the speed just a little bit too far and goes off the edge.

Mike, that's a cool reminder. That is exactly what I'm planning to do whenever I have to shoot a match with him.

Is there any way to get an advantage by being faster moving through stages and into positions? Or can Jerry also run as fast as he shoots?

Spook,

After shooting with him at Area -3, the only thing faster than his feet is his trigger finger, and then the bullets. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but he is as slick as butter. But the best of all he is a Great Guy.

SAM

And apologies to Mike Shovel for leaving him out. <_<

After shooting with him at Area -3, the only thing faster than his feet is his trigger finger, and then the bullets. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but he is as slick as butter.

Thanks Sam. Well, actually it is what I was hoping for. Some people complain that IPSC/USPSA is becoming more of a athletic challenge than a shooting challenge. I have to agree that some stages are easy for athletic types and just plain hard for those with "lesser athletic skill". I am fortunate to be quite fast on my feet. So if I meet Jerry during a competition I would not have any non-shooting-advantages. That, to me, is what IPSC should be all about.

Mike, see my post regarding the IDPA 2005 ALL REVOLVER SQUAD.

You really should shoot it next year. There is the potential for the MA Class in SSR to grow exponetially in the coming years. I have shot with a lot of the guys in EX and many in the MA class from the 2004 Nationals. All the guys are great and we had a blast this year giving each other a hard time. Two EX guys got moved up from EX and no doubt another two will be on the move next year. Congrats to Daniel and Ron - they deserve it!

It was really something to see JM shoot IDPA. He said he changed his sights right before the match and had trouble adjusting to them. He is a real gentleman. He endured our badgering and questioning all day and offered answers to our many questions without hesitation. Ron Holland also offered some of his knowledge and is a good fellow too. Curt is really moving up in MA and if he sticks with it he could give Alex a run for his money in the coming years but I think he's moving to the bottom-feeder next year.

This could be the fastest growth for SSR in years and I'm glad to see it. There could be as many as twenty MA shooters at the Nationsals by 2006-2007 - that would be incredible.

As we like to say "WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION."

Spook, you're one of the few wheelgunners out there who will make Jerry run! :)

After 9 years away from competitive shooting and returning this year to find that my own specialty (pin shooting) had dried up and blown away in the meantime, I am having to learn all sorts of new things. I can shoot OK, but I'm further back in the learning curve on things like drawing a gun from a holster, and running around the range! :) I sure wish I had done more IPSC stuff before I took my sabbattical...

I have seen some high level revo work, but never The "Ragin Cajun".

I helped run the FL IDPA match every year it's been held. There is a guy who shoots a 2" 625 out of shark skin with purple glasses. I think his name is David,,,,ah, can't remember. Here's my impressive Revo story:

Back in 2001 we had a surprise dark house stage, kinda neat. We had set it up so it only required 6 shots so anyone could win it, they just had to be fast and careful. We knew folks would listen for the # of shots, so we would have about every other shooter dump a couple into the berm after we had recorded their time. ;)

The tricky part was, at the last position when you opened a door a NON threat target charged you, to get away from the THREAT behind him. Yes, you could see the threat as soon as you opened the door, but that charging NON THREAT got hoooosed out of panic reaction.

This revo guy, David something goes in shoots a good time, and then........blamblam. Huh Oh, he musta hacked the non-threat. The impressive part was when my buddy came out from running him shaking his head and grinning. "yup he hacked that no-shoot, but then he reloaded that sum bitch in TWO SECONDS IN THE DARK" :huh: . I am still impressed.

Mike, thanks for the kind words! :)

Well, I think the stuff you still have to learn is the easy part. Reading your posts, I'd say you're a very good shooter (Hell, one of the very few to have beaten Jerry) that has to learn how to run with a gun. Be glad you're not like a lot of USPSA/IPSC shooter, who can only run and have to learn how to shoot ;)

Redmist: You can put me on your list of those interested in an all-revolver squad at pretty much any major match! :)

I would like to shoot the IDPA Nationals, and I'd say there's a pretty decent chance I'll be down there next year. My buddy (and fellow SSR EX wheelman) Skip Ahern brought back great reports from AR. I think Skip lurks on these forums now and then...

I actually was not eligible to shoot the 2004 Nationals, since I only have one sanctioned IDPA match under my belt (MO state shoot), but that little problem should be corrected by next year!

Spook: It feels great to be back in the game after a long hiatus--even though the game has changed for me. I'm enjoying learning how to be a much more well-rounded revo shooter (and I'm not talking about the extra 20 pounds I've brought with me...) and based on the early indications there is hope for me yet! It's also been really nice to renew old friendships and beat--I mean meet--lots of new folks. ;)

Mike

I have been hoping someone would beat Alex for a while now. From what I have heard he isn't the nicest person to be around. Jerry seems like a genuinely great guy, especially doing junior camp and all that there.

Congrats to all shooters, it takes dedication and determination to shoot a wheel gun, as you do n't have a whole lot of competition in most cases.

I'm going next year but not shooting a wheel gun. SSP all the way.

You can put me on your list of those interested in an all-revolver squad at pretty much any major match! :)

My buddy...Skip ....

I met Skip for the first time during one of his stages. He seems like a very nice guy and volunteered information on a kick-ass cart/seat for pulling our gear. I'm sure to have one by next Nationals. He was a smooth revo shooter too. Low points down.

Carmoney - send me your information now or later via private message and we'll drop you a line as next year approaches to see if you are still interested.

Smoney - you should give that 610 a year or two workout and you'll be smokin' in no time. Don't know about Alex being difficult. A: He's european B: He's a Master class revo guy and C: He seems like an intellilectual/inventor type and they sometimes get a bad rap for being "different." I do wish he would learn to paste targets. He gets a very bad rap from guys that shoot with him and do all the work but that is another matter.

REDMIST10- I'll be anxious to see if the all revo squad works out. All of us on Team RIMZ are planning on being there and that would be a great way to shoot the match, NO BOTTOM FEEDERS!!! Looking forward to shooting with you guys next year. (Hopefully we'll see you at some of the ICORE matches as well)

I was on the standby list until late Wed night when I got entered into the match shooting Fri/Sat. I had a blast watching JM shoot the first 9 stages of the match. It was my first time watching him in person. All I can say is AWESOME. While he did make a couple mistakes as others mentioned, he also worked very hard helping to tape targets and keep things running smoothly. His videos just don't do justice to how fast his splits really are.

This was my first Nationals and I'll be back next year. The iceing on the cake was watching Jerry compete. The revlover competition was encouraging.

Carmoney

"When Jerry is on his game, he cannot be beaten by any other human being on this planet shooting a revolver. At least, nobody that we've discovered!"

When Jerry is on his game he cannot be beaten by any other human period!

I shot in the S&W invitational in the mid 90's, it was the year that Todd Jarrett won both the USPSA nationals, and the World IPSC matches.

At the end of the match they had a man on man event where each shooter had to draw and shoot down 6 poppers and the two center ones overlapped so the winners popper was on the bottom.

Well it came down to Todd and Jerry best 3 out of 5 runs. When they announced their names Todd says " Oh man, I dont want to come out here and be embarrased by Jerry."

Sure enough, Jerry won in three runs. He shot every popper in the center and triple tapped the center popper driving it down every time. It was awesome seeing a revolver go full auto!

He really is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Well I just love to share that story, its not everyday you get to see a living legend in action.

When Jerry is on his game he cannot be beaten by any other human period!

I shot in the S&W invitational in the mid 90's, it was the year that Todd Jarrett won both the USPSA nationals, and the World IPSC matches.

At the end of the match they had a man on man event where each shooter had to draw and shoot down 6 poppers and the two center ones overlapped so the winners popper was on the bottom.

Well it came down to Todd and Jerry best 3 out of 5 runs. When they announced their names Todd says " Oh man, I dont want to come out here and be embarrased by Jerry."

Sure enough, Jerry won in three runs. He shot every popper in the center and triple tapped the center popper driving it down every time. It was awesome seeing a revolver go full auto!

Hah.. Athena and I won a run against Todd and Jerry at the Steel Challenge Shootoffs. Too bad it was best of 3. :D Penny's got a picture of both of us getting spanked on the draw by those two.. we're just getting our hands near the guns, theirs are already out and coming up.