Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Positive Ending & What I hate also

DrawandDuck

Haven't seen this out in the mainstream media, probably won't as it had a POSITIVE outcome and involved a armed Shelby County Deputy School Resource Officer. At 3:10 yesterday I get a text from my daughters middle school stating school is in a lock down asking parents not to come to school until all clear is given. I called my wife as she picks her up in car rider line between 3:00-3:15.....she stated she had just left at 3:05 and was on the way home....short version is a 20 yr old kid with a handgun got into the gym and went into the girls locker room.....there was a PE teacher there also who apparently stood between the gunman and the girls. Shelby County has deputies as School Resource Officers in all the schools and he was involved within minutes of the teacher radioing "911 Locker Room" and had convinced the man to release all the girls and ended it peacefully within 45 min......doubt you will hear about this if you live outside central Alabama as a armed SRO was involved and the liberals want to tell us this is not a solution but wanted to share a positive story for a change.....

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/02/sheriff_chelsea_middle_school.html

Edited by DrawandDuck

I used to think that this was a biased view, and that only paranoid people thought this. I am afraid after all the things I have heard from reporters and journalists over the last two months that this is a correct statement. It is a sad time in our country right now. People in power trying to show they care by doing something, anything, to show the public that they are on the job with our best interests in mind. Yet they do so willy-nilly with little thought to reality or our best interests. It takes a bold person in this day and age to stick his head up and call it like it is.

Lame.

Good! I no longer use the term Rush like of lame stream media. It is truely the "State Run Media" now. Jouranlism is dead.

Haven't seen this out in the mainstream media, probably won't as it had a POSITIVE outcome and involved a armed Shelby County Deputy School Resource Officer.

That is 100% correct. I have seen nothing about it on the internet news services I monitor. The mainstream media will never air a story involving a positive result where armed officers on a campus prevented a tragedy because it does not dovetail with their absolute anti gun position, and worse it shows the NRA's suggestion of putting armed officers on schools would reduce crime.

Sure happy that nobody got hurt.

Edited by bountyhunter

A Minnesota school is in the news now because of how they are handling an increased police presence in the schools themselves. They opened up sub-stations in the Jordan, MN schools so that the officers could do their paperwork there rather than at the main station. Kids see the officers as part of their everyday lives, and the cost to the system was just the cost to remodel a couple of rooms at the schools. Schools do not need armed officers stationed there as their job. They just need to increase their day to day visibility.