Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving targets at the 2004 Nationals

Flexmoney

Its what the RO yells as they are scoring so the person who is writing scores can hear more accurately. Based on the military radio talk

A = Alpha

B = Bravo

C = Charlie

D = Delta

M = Mike

"Need a couple white ones"(pasters) = No-Shoot Now that's a joke to pick on your friends and usually yelled twice as loud.

This type of code talk works great since there are usually guns going off on other stages or loud mouths whining about their "mikes" <_<;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From time to time we see the same problem over here Flex. The worst is the bobber that flashes accross a port. The competitor never sees the target at rest, and just guesses he's hit it, often firing 4 or 5 rounds to do so.

For me thats not a shooting test but a measure of luck

P.D.

Yea, those are just plain stupid. (Sorry, I don't have anything else to add at the moment.)

be

Its what the RO yells as they are scoring so the person who is writing scores can hear more accurately. Based on the military radio talk

A = Alpha

B = Bravo

C = Charlie

D = Delta

M = Mike

"Need a couple white ones"(pasters) = No-Shoot Now that's a joke to pick on your friends and usually yelled twice as loud.

This type of code talk works great since there are usually guns going off on other stages or loud mouths whining about their "mikes" <_<;)

Oh Geez! All these years and I thought it was:

Anita Bryant for 1 A and 1 B

Buddy Baker for 2 B

Anita Charles for 1 A and 1 C

Charlie Chaplin for 2 C

Charlie Daniels for 1 C and 1 D

Motherf&^&%$ for a Miss

Nolan

I hated the windmills. Especially Stage 16 where shooting first thing Monday AM in the haze with the sun peaking over the berm in my eyes through the gun smoke ........... Formula for disaster. 5 misses on the first stage of my first Nationals.

But I picked myself up and finished the next 23 without a miss or penalty. Nothing fancy other than the break dance I did when I hit the hall with the ground covered with brass on Stage 13.

I think the stages were challenging but then I expected that. Other than the FUBAR on 16, I didn't think anything was beyond my abilities and I was just shooting L10 in C class at the time. I thought it was a great match.

There were 3 things I think could have been easily corrected and made the match safer and more fun.

Obviously shoveling the 4 days of spent brass out of a close hallway would have made a difference in my pinball bounce off the walls on 13.

A piece of carpet on the ground on Stage 20 would have prevented a lot of bloodshed instead of forcing the shooter to drop in the rocks, spent brass, dust, and (Wed. afternoon) the mud.

And of course those long range windmills.

The lack of a carpet for the ground on stage 20 where you had to go prone was a bit curious. That gravel was pretty tough on the knees and elbows! One of the ROs told me they had requested a carpet - and were told no. They requested sand - and were told no.

When it got really muddy after the rain - they brought in more gravel instead of sand.