Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open it is!

Fit the slide, face milled the flats just cuz. The frame is un-ramped but the Schuemann is a clark/para so this will be another first. Got my new carbide 3/8" and 11/32" end mills last week so I am good to go. Got the next couple of days off so a chip making I will be!

newopen.jpg

Edited by StraightUp_OG

JID2 awesome set up! i am planning on building something similar thanks for the inspiration!

Sweet, are you talking machine or open gun? I'm pretty happy with both! Open gun was flawless at Ironman.

So the RTS order got canceled because the web store I ordered it from adjusts their inventory manually and the site was wrong. Yea!!!! So still on the hunt for the RTS but the Cheeley mount and Bedell Ti comp is on the way.

Oh yeah I also got my PT long dust cover frame today from Brian. WooT!!!

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Barrel is underway!

openhy.jpg

OG -- are you actually doing anything to the barrel itself? Do you bore the holes or get it from infinity that way?

I'm really just curious how you handle the burr on the inside of the barrel if your putting the holes in there.

The barrel is made by Schuemann Barrels. It is their hybrid comp AET barrel so the ports were machined by them.

jid2, who also is contributing to this thread, machined popple holes into his barrel and could answer the "burr" question much better than I.

Edited by StraightUp_OG

It is not that much more powder. :-P

2 open guns ago I had a 5 port Schuemann and a 3 port comp so a similar set up and my current open gun has no ports and a 5 port Trubor on it and the difference in load to make major was .5-.7 grains difference. I expect it will be about the same with this gun. But that is OK, more powder, more gas MORE FLAT!

Thanks a matt I will keep posting them.

Got my Cheeley RTS mount in today! man that mount is small and cute! Never thought I would call a scope mount cute...

:goof:

I'm transitioning from cute toward fricken' amazing.

20130612_204327.jpg

20130612_220119.jpg

20130613_205104.jpg

20130613_205039.jpg

20130613_205335.jpg

Edited by jid2

It's still not done yet, the pieces are just kinda sitting there in the pictures. I need to fit and mount the glass in the frame, layout and fabricate the circuit board, drill mounting holes on the other side of my frame and some other stuff.

Hopefully I get some time this weekend to make some progress. But overall I'm getting excited to go out and shoot with it.