Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely love to be able to just import correct format blank slides into Fusion 360 But the grab cad stuff just doesn't seem to work or I just am to stupid to figure it out. Probably the later

No. I blank model everything I make. No grab CAD. Every time I do a new size glock or something I make a model and save it as a blank. Then import to design and cut.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Mach3 or Mach4 and why

Mine came with pathpilot controls. It's what I've learned on so I don't have any complaints. I have more issues with f360 crashing.

Side note. Anyone else having f360 crash on them frequently? It crashes on my almost once a day.

I'm using a Dell with a I3 prosesser.

Ok...so I finally got around to finding a mill and picked one up with a ton of tooling for a really really great price. Found a local RF-30 (i know round column) and will be setting up over the weekend. Has everything I need to start chipping right away. Already have some modifications in mind to improve the machine but wanted to hear from all of the machinists out there what would you consider the top 5 to start with?

A little history on the machine; 10 years old, wired 220, spindle bearings replaced with Fafnir, lightly used by a hobby knife maker. No DRO or power feeds and not to sure I will do that conversion yet or not. I have to find out if I actually like doing this or not. I love the idea of being able to do this just not to sure if the never sit still side of me will allow it.

Edited by Tmcfarland

0279fba80fdffb0f6ae9e7aa723e6231.jpgd3fa7ef61268c265b16f6022b92fab8c.jpg

Here it is finished. Got it down to 11.95 oz with the sights on it.

I really like what you did on that slide! I am planning to have some similar cuts done on my Apeiro slide to act as front cocking serrations and to remove a little weight. How did you determine how low you could go on the slide for the thru cuts? Is that where the slide rails start, or some safety set back from the rails?

0279fba80fdffb0f6ae9e7aa723e6231.jpgd3fa7ef61268c265b16f6022b92fab8c.jpg

Here it is finished. Got it down to 11.95 oz with the sights on it.

I really like what you did on that slide! I am planning to have some similar cuts done on my Apeiro slide to act as front cocking serrations and to remove a little weight. How did you determine how low you could go on the slide for the thru cuts? Is that where the slide rails start, or some safety set back from the rails?
Setback from the rails for safty. I try to stay at least .1 from rails and locking lugs. Just for my comfort.

Glad u like the look. The serrations are 75 or 77° if I remember correctly.

439581c7f96ab26777367811d1e2a1e1.jpg

Having some trouble doing a good design on this slide. It's my personal and my first to cut on so simple is good but dull. Any ideas out there on how to put one together and stay out of the front serrations?54fd2db0bcf72a8d19f43e5dfe917a9d.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Tmcfarland