Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Single Stack

Jan R.

Not sure there is a "best" as the choices are many and are very personal involving lots of factors including cost. There is a two page thread dealing with various choices that others have made under "single stack gear" if I recall correctly. Here is what I have been very happy with:

DAA belt

DAA PDR Holster

DAA Racer Mag pouches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another one that has the Bladetech stinger. I use Safariland 773 pouches but if I had it to do over I'd go ready tactical.

Also the ghost stinger says it is legal but definitely is not.

What is illegal about the Stinger?

Race Holsters are not legal in SS and unless your a female niether is a DOH.

I am using

DAA Belt

DAA PDR Holster

DAA Racer Mag Pouches

Excellent set=up. That being said I had been using the Safariland 5187 Holster, 773 pouches and the DAA Belt. Also works good but with my ummm larger middle I needed something that moves the pouches and holster out abit.

JMHO

I believe that it doesn't hold the frontstrap over the top of the belt, as required by App. D5, item 20.

There's the answer. I had one and the front strap would go no higher than mid way on the belt

I have the PDR and the BT.

Both are great holsters but I'm digging the BT because I don;t have to keep spraying it like the PDR with silicone.

The PDR is suede lined and can get sticky if I don't spray it regularly. Without any maintenance, the BT is near frictionless.

Janr, I see someone has mentioned that they have to spray the interior of their PDR with silicone. I have never had to do this. Perhaps it is a little grabby at first but after a session or two mine is slick as ice.

There are two very easily adjustable tension screws.

I have also heated mine up to fit my Sig non traditional 1911s. A little grabby at first but again by my first or second dry fire practice slick as ice.

Looking at the inside of the holster it appears the lining wears smooth at the pressure points.

Janr, I see someone has mentioned that they have to spray the interior of their PDR with silicone. I have never had to do this. Perhaps it is a little grabby at first but after a session or two mine is slick as ice.

I have also heated mine up to fit my Sig non traditional 1911s. A little grabby at first but again by my first or second dry fire practice slick as ice.

Looking at the inside of the holster it appears the lining wears smooth at the pressure points.

Yeah, that was me. I think you're telling me I need to dry fire regularly :goof: .

The silicone spray was recommended by Saul/DAA and it does work.

Yeah, that was me. I think you're telling me I need to dry fire regularly :goof: .

The silicone spray was recommended by Saul/DAA and it does work.

Try KG9 instead of silicone. It is slicker and will last longer. Also it doesn't take much so a small tub will last a long time.

Try KG9 instead of silicone. It is slicker and will last longer. Also it doesn't take much so a small tub will last a long time.

Well, for me, it's really a first world problem :roflol: . .

Honestly it isn't difficult or hard to do. Like I tell myself "I don't have to like it, I just have to do it."

I have a Hellwig Kydex holster for my 1911s that is suede lined and does not hurt the finish on my guns. Brownells use to stock them but that model is not listed with the Hellwig holsters in the current catalog. They may be able to special order one if you can't find one elsewhere. They use to come with two different belt hangers also.

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the great input. I just ordered the DAA PDR and five of the DAA SS mag pouches. I've always had great results with DAA products.

Thanks again,

Jan