Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten Guide Rods

baron45

I know two different local shooters who collectively went throught 5 Cominoli guide rods in a 4 week period. In my .40, I'm using the old 5oz Wilson tungsten guide rod (since '95). In my Super, I have the 3oz'ish 1pc EGW tungsten guide rod.

-David

How could there be a 2oz difference between one kind and another?

The Wilson 5oz tungsten guide rod are bigger diameter wise than a normal 1pc guide rod. They have a special recoil spring collar, and if you want to use a shok buff, you have to open it up so it will fit on. The EGW tungsten guide rod is of the same diameter as a regular steel guide rod.

-David

I know two different local shooters who collectively went throught 5 Cominoli guide rods in a 4 week period.

Damn-I'm sure grateful that I got one of the good ones. Mine is 3 years old and has been in 3 different guns with no problems. I did have it fitted for my SV by someone other than myself. (someone who knows what he's doing :lol: )

As someone said I obtained the rights to produce the 5 oz guide rods that Wilson used to sell. I've been out of them for awhile but I'm getting ready to start production again and will offer Longslide and Commander versions as well as the std length. I also have a way to use them with a bull barrel which works really well.

Ross Carter

I also had a problem with the Cominoli -- the guide rod head (IIRC thinner than a normal head) warped. This was on a Briley linkless so I don't know if that problem would apply to other guns. Even the second Cominoli wouldn't run right. No problem using the EGW 2-piece rod.