Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I used some sandpaper on the slide of my Production gun.

DonovanM

What if I decide to rub Progrip on the sides of my slide before a match? Does that constitute refinishing? It would certainly make it more grippier.

As an RO I would call a shooter on that one and let him and the RM work that out. Just put the pro grip on your hands as needed.

Question: Say you were to accidentally leave your gun laying on a bed of rock salt or small gravel (It's a Glock, so it will be ok...Plastic doesn't rust!! :goof: ) in the driveway....and accidentally ran over it a couple of times...and on one of those times, if flipped over and got ran over, scaring the other side of the slide....Did you re-finish it? Or are you just a DA that leaves guns laying in the driveway on top of rock salt or gravel?

My G34 and G35 slides have much more wear than in the image posted, both only from thousands of draws from a kydex holster on windy and dusty ranges.

They are both still too slick for me to do my favored racking technique over top of the slide.

Not saying at all that it's kosher to roughen the slide for a better grip (it isn't), but unless announced by the shooter at the gun inspection at chrono, nobody is going to think that there is anything but normal finish wear on that slide.

Edited by kevin c

Not saying at all that it's kosher to roughen the slide for a better grip (it isn't), but unless announced by the shooter at the gun inspection at chrono, nobody is going to think that there is anything but normal finish wear on that slide.

My thought exactly.

I love these vague rules (although I don't have any better solution.)

Shooter A: I wanted my gun to have a 2 tone look, so I bead blasted my slide to remove the finish.

Shooter B: The finish on my slide is too slippery, so I used a bead blaster to remove it.

I love these vague rules (although I don't have any better solution.)

Shooter A: I wanted my gun to have a 2 tone look, so I bead blasted my slide to remove the finish.

Shooter B: The finish on my slide is too slippery, so I used a bead blaster to remove it.

Shooter C: Can't afford bead blasting so he sands the slide by hand with sandpaper.

At the Chrono Station, A&B are OK. C gets bumped to Open.