Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front sight page 20?

The spent mag has not hit the table yet so we do not know if the picture is actually showing the finger on its way out.

This is true I didn't think about that

Either way, it's a no no....

8.4.1 When loading, reloading or unloading during a course of fire, the competitor’s

fingers must be visibly outside the trigger guard and the handgun

must be pointed safely down range or in another safe direction

authorized by a Range Officer (see Section 10.5).

I scanned the pic and enlarged it....it is definitely inside the guard...

post-18733-0-50509200-1357270957_thumb.j

I would also guess that this is a commonly violated rule by a number of shooters. They are so practiced in doing their reloads that they complete the process before their finger has fully come out of the trigger guard. If you were to call them on it they would honestly believe that their finger was outside the trigger guard. Show them visual proof like this picture and they would still find it hard to believe that their finger never left the trigger guard.

I would also guess that this is a commonly violated rule by a number of shooters. They are so practiced in doing their reloads that they complete the process before their finger has fully come out of the trigger guard. If you were to call them on it they would honestly believe that their finger was outside the trigger guard. Show them visual proof like this picture and they would still find it hard to believe that their finger never left the trigger guard.

Too many times my mind "honestley believes" that it is only 20yrs old until my body lets it know AGAIN that it is over 2x that age. :goof:

Either way, it's a no no....

8.4.1 When loading, reloading or unloading during a course of fire, the competitor’s

fingers must be visibly outside the trigger guard and the handgun

must be pointed safely down range or in another safe direction

authorized by a Range Officer (see Section 10.5).

The key here is the word "visibly". If you want to be a PITA you say that it is up to the shooter to make sure that it is obvious that the finger is outside and "close calls" should be called against the shooter.

Never seen it being enforced that way though.

In 9 years I have seen 0 DQ's for finger-in-the-trigger-guard.

Zero.

RO's either don't look for it, can't see it, or aren't willing to call it.

It gets called around here when needed. I am sure there RO's who don't ever want to call a DQ. Just like there are cops who don't want to write traffic tickets. I think one reason finger does not get called during reloads is because it is pretty hard to get in a position to see it in that split second it happens. Moving or clearing a jam with finger in is easy to call as it easier to detect.

Help me out here because the enlarged pic looks weird to me. Maybe it is because the pic was enlarged and is pixilated. I see the width of the muzzle. I see the shadow. I see a sliver of the triggerguard. I see 2 articulating joints on the trigger finger. If the finger was inside the triggerguard, I doubt both finger joints would be visible.

Edited by remoandiris

Help me out here because the enlarged pic looks weird to me. Maybe it is because the pic was enlarged and is pixilated. I see the width of the muzzle. I see the shadow. I see a sliver of the triggerguard. I see 2 articulating joints on the trigger finger. If the finger was inside the triggerguard, I doubt both finger joints would be visible.

I don't know about you, but I use the pad of my finger, not the joint of my finger, to activate the trigger.

I don't know about you, but I use the pad of my finger, not the joint of my finger, to activate the trigger.

I do too, and it looks to me like the pad of his finger is covering part of the triggerguard, not INSIDE the triggerguard.

I looked at the enlarged pic. I looked at my finger. I did that 4 more times. Unless his fingers extend like Mr. Fantastic, it still looks like his finger is covering part of the front of the triggerguard.

Edited by remoandiris

I pulled my Glock out of the safe. Looked at it, held it at an angle. Spun it around a little. Put it as near the angle of the pic as I could discern from the enlarged photo. The angle is disceiving. My finger was in the triggerguard.

Grumpy's picture clearly shows the finger in the TG. There is a duplicate thread on this picture somewhere. In that thread somebody basically said we were making a big deal out of it etc..

My thoughts on that opinion are that FS should be look more carefully for things like this. The game is full of gamers and type A personalities who will pick anything apart given the chance. When I open up FS I scan every picture to see what RO's or the editor missed. Honestly, who doesn't?