Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Mec-Gar AFC 12 .40 round mags be used in a 9mm

bassmankai

Whoa, which mecgar magazine did you fit into what kind of Tanfoglio? I have a Stock 3 on the way and keep heating different things about it's magazine interchangeability with CZ mags.

Edited by RNA

It's the mags with the blue followers (anti-friction-coating?)

I use a 9mm mag regularly for uspsa (shooting 40 minor in production class) because I don't have enough 40 mags. The only difference is where the holes are drilled. that is sometimes annoying because it means i have to empty the mag first, before putting 10 rounds in. I'll probably drill another hole.

I've tried it both ways. 9mm in the 40 mags and 40 in the 9 mags.

Whoa, which mecgar magazine did you fit into what kind of Tanfoglio? I have a Stock 3 on the way and keep heating different things about it's magazine interchangeability with CZ mags.

CZ-75 size mags will fit small frame Tanfoglio guns. CZ-TS mags, which are larger than a CZ-75 mag, will not work in a large frame Tanfoglio nor small frame Tanfoglio,

I don't know the frame size of a Stock 3.

good luck

I ran some Tanfoglio .40 mags in my CZ75B last match and had some issues with the mag not locking in; I noticed I had about a millimeter gap between the bottom of the frame and the top of the mag. When I used some CZ mags in my Tanfo, I had to file the notch a little before they would lock in.

When I load 9mm rounds into my .40 TS mags, the last round flips through the feed lips and stovepipes. I plan to make a TS big stick out of .40 mags and bend the feed lips to the same spec as my 9mm mags; I'm hoping to get 30 or 31 with the Grams internals.

• 1 month later...

just in case anyone was wondering about capacity of 9mm in the 12 round AFC 40cal mags, you can put 17 in just like with the 9mm mags

i was doubtful since when dealing with same size mags, normally a 40 will only be one to three less than 9mm, and this was a 5 round difference