Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Indiana State Championship

Friday July 19, one of the match sponsors Brian from Phoenix Trinity will be at the match with grips and frames and possibly new stuff that he is working on, if you are interested in buying a grip he will have some and if you are interested in buying a frame too, you will need to bring a FFL, don't miss out on seeing these new toys, plus get your entries in , this is a match you don't want to miss and looks like great weather to boot, Jake ( Jake Martins ) Elwood ( Aaron Bright ), and crew have put together another great match

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have not gotten their application mailed in yet there is good news. Late fee deadline extended until July 14. So get those applications mailed in this week.

Set up will begin this Saturday afternoon. We will try and do a couple of stages starting around 3pm following the match that day. Sunday we will be working on another 2-3 stages following the club match at Effingham, IL. Set up begins in serious fashion at 8am Monday morning. We can use any and all help with this project. If you can stop by and swing a hammer or use a screw gun we can use you. No need to stay the whole time just help as you can.

We have "Bob's Country Bunker" roughed into place. Everyone who saw it was pleased and impressed. It will be fun to shoot. It is not just run and gun. It is Jungle Run and Gun. We have plenty of room on Friday. Call in sick and come shoot one fun match.

Edited by Coach

coach, can i email you my app and pay with credit card? just found out i dont have to work and can shoot. it would be all day sunday.

thanks rob

Send me your application and pay at the door.

From the Aron Bright, Match Director
There are 15 walk on slots available on Friday
there are 6 walk on slots available on Sunday
print your entry form, pay at door (includes late fee)
you will want to get there early if you plan on doing this (might want to send an email as well)
Schedule of Events
July 18th
Range Closed to Staff Shoot
Registration Open after 2:00pm
July 19th
Registration Open from 7am-6pm
Shooters Meeting 7:45am @ Club house
Shooters report to their first stage, match begins at 8:00am
Lunch scheduled from 11:45—12:30
12:15 Shooters Meeting for Afternoon Squads @club house
12:30 starts afternoon shooting
July 20th
Registration Open from 7am-6pm
Shooters report to their first stage, match begins at 8:00am
12:15 Shooters Meeting for Afternoon Squads @club house
12:30 starts afternoon shooting
July 21st
Registration open at 7am
Shooters report to their first stage match begins at 8:00am

post-2563-0-43354700-1373919966_thumb.jp

Thanks to Gary, Mike, Adam, Craig, Byron, Steve, Burl, Jeff, Mike, Kevin, Trent and David and Jan for all of the help over the weekend and/or today on the range. We had a long hot day today but we got quite a bit done. If tomorrow goes as well as today did we will be in very good shape. I am sure folks are wondering how the stages are shaping up.

Bay 1 is halfway built and the low port has been installed. Bring your knee pads or practice going prone.

Stage 2 has not been started except to throw some of the materials into the bay. Stage 2 or a version of it has been shot at South Central and Effingham and who knows where else. This one has a good chance to look like the picture except that we are getting low on walls and braces. We may have to get creative here for materials.

Stage 3 looks 98% like the picture. We turned the middle ports on an angle in order to make the 180 less of a problem. Push open ports and six required positions, but I think you can get a flow going.

Stage 4 looks like the picture but I think it will have some tricks to it. I plan to spend some time there tomorrow or Wednesday on target placement. Options will abound.

Stage 5 is not much like the picture at all. A popper activates the one port, there is a hand rail, and Texas Star, and the shooting area will have the same shape. That is where the similarity ends. I have not gotten to target placement yet. Should be more to report tomorrow.

Stage 6 looks like the picture. The port will not be push open. This will be a fast stage, and different than the version we saw at Effingham. Theirs was good and so is this one.

Stage 7 will look like the picture, but we ran out of barrels and we have to add some walls tomorrow. Plenty more to do down there. No target placement has begun.

Stage 8 looks similar to the picture. No barrels, target slightly different.

Stage 9 resembles the picture some. Looked at the picture but changed some things to get inside the berm for the sake of safety. It will be a very high hit factor that wins this stage. It will be full of hosing with just enough no shoots to separate the men from the boys. If this stage is not fun for you then you are in the wrong sport.

Stage 10, Just go ahead and line the bird cage with the picture. I think this stage will be the most fun in a group of fun stages. Bring insect spray. The mosquitos in the woods are man-eaters. I had to strap Royce to my belt to keep them from carrying him away.

That is all for now. Headed to Outback to see if Jake was really the problem that time in Clarksville.

Having trouble finding the address for the range?

As well is the match hotel in Riley?

And they let you do electrical work for a living.... :goof:

it was easy enough to ask it here

You prick! Lol

Having trouble finding the address for the range?

As well is the match hotel in Riley?

And they let you do electrical work for a living.... :goof:

it was easy enough to ask it here

You prick! Lol

:roflol:

Range is...

6301 East Gross Road

Terre Haute, IN 47802

Match hotel... no idea, Holiday Inn Express... I70, North on SR46.

Limited

A=13

B=24

C=26

D=7

GM=1

M=5

U=13

L-10

A=0

B=3

C=4

D=0

GM=0

M=1

U=4

OPEN

A=12

B=18

C=11

D=2

GM=2

M=6

U=2

PROD

A=1

B=17

C=18

D=6

GM=1

M=6

U=2

REV

A=6

B=2

C=1

D=0

GM=0

M=1

U=0

SS

A=6

B=4

C=16

D=4

GM=0

M=1

U=3

Still room for walk on's for Friday and Sunday

Edited by JakeMartens

We had the local media out this morning before the staff shot. I ended up in front of the camera for more than an hour. Below are the links to what the TV decided to air. It is amazing to me how different the stories ended up being. Both station were there at the same time. My stats guy Marc Lorey made the media happen then pushed me out in front. I hope you all think it reflects well on the sport and our organization.

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local/firearms-training-smart-idea#.Ueilzi0o7IU

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=320592

Two great interview about the match with Aron today

http://mywabashvalley.com/fulltext?nxd_id=320592

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local/firearms-training-smart-idea#.Uein_o2Ti8D

staff shot today, stages look great, Aron and the Warsaw crew did a great job taking this match this year and getting it ready for everyone to enjoy this weekend. Big shout out to Marc Lorey, the PR guy, that reached out and the interest of the local new media to come and see what is going on at the range.

How many other matches have you driven up to only to see a giant portable billboard out front promoting the match?!?!?

post-2563-0-62410600-1374202035_thumb.jp

or another giant billboard riding high in the sky over Terre Haute

post-2563-0-46831300-1374202290_thumb.jp

There are still walk on spots on Sunday, the heat is supposed to lighten up on Sunday, get you gear and come out

Edited by JakeMartens

Hey Jake,

We are about to leave to come down to the match, would you be so kind as to turn on the air conditioners located on each bay now so that it will be the perfect temperature on Saturday for us? We would greatly appreciate it.......

See ya in the morning my friend.............