Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inside info on 3GN Rockcastle Internation pro/am 28th Oct 2013 !

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing about The Rock in November? NO TICKS!

I still have poison ivy, chigger bites, and tick bites from last weekend. But it was worth it!

Amen brother! We're both covered in poison oak. I think it was on from the tree on stage 5. I saw it Thursday walking the stage, then promptly flopped right down on top of it wearing shorts when I shot it on Sunday.

Two major 3 Gun matches in 2 weeks at the Rock...can't wait!

With only 8 weeks to go there are still match places available, $200 is a top deal for a 3 Gun Nation points match.

$400 gets new or not quite equipped shooters into the " provided guns" division. All 3 guns are provided & pistols will be staged so no drawing from holsters to make competing easy for less experienced hands.This will be great & help any one start 3 gun in style as some very cool guns have been provided by the industry leaders.

Give Rockcastle a call or look on their website.

David

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to another fun weekend at Rockcastle. Here is the info on the match:

The match had been changed from a 3 day to a 2 day format. The main match will be Friday and Saturday November 1st and 2nd. The ROs will shoot on Thursday. We will have 10 stages including 4 3GN Classifier stages. If you are a 3GN member shooting the match will provide enough classifiers to receive a classification in Tac Optics, Open, Tac Iron, or Heavy Metal. Charles Sole, 3Gun Nation Regional and Club Series Director, will be present to oversee the Classifier stages.
There will be a brief shooters meeting Friday at 8:00 AM in front of the Lodge, We will shoot 6 stages on Friday and 4 on Saturday. The last shot fired should be early Saturday afternoon providing no weather delays or other unforeseen circumstances.
There are still slots available. See you at the Rock
GW

Tooth- call the front desk to confirm, but they should have no problem accomodating your RV.

Thanks, I had planned on calling yesterday but was too busy and forgot til late last night, I figured somebody on here would KNOW :D and help

I saw the $2300.00 package :surprise: , but that was about all I could find.

Next question, should I take my mini truck? or just drive the pickup to each stage? from looking at Flash Earth, looks like the stages are pretty spread out, similar to the Ozarks 3G match.

We're pretty amped to go to RC, been wanting to go to a match there for a while, just never worked out.

Ok, there have been some major changes to the 1st 3GN International Multi Gun. First, I would like to explain that we organized this match on behalf of the International Shooters, with them thinking they could fill it up just with shooters from abroad. That didn't happen. We are still going to have a great match, for several reasons. One, this is going to be a real 3 Gun Nation Points match, with all categories and divisions represented. The match will also be following 3 Gun Nation Rules.

Second, this is a 10 Stage Gary Welborn designed match, just like the Pro Am, with the only change being that 4 of the stages will be 3 Gun Nation classifiers. Trust us, it's going to be a blast. There will be a small field for the match, more like a big club match, but on steroids. We are not really suggesting the Packages that we put together, as they involved Pre Match training, which we will not be doing.

We were not going to do a prize table for the International match, simply because of the International contingent. We are now throwing a prize table together, combined with cash prizes depending solely on the turn out for the match. Spread the word as there is plenty of room left in the match. And like we said, it going to be a great time for all.

Looking forward to this.

I believe I will shoot a warm up match at the Rock two weeks before this too!

Bacon!

NICE ! We were hoping to shoot that one as well, just didn't work with the schedule. I have heard SO many great things about RC if half of them are correct , I expect this will be a great match.

We even got our wives coming along.

Tooth- call the front desk to confirm, but they should have no problem accomodating your RV.

Thanks, I had planned on calling yesterday but was too busy and forgot til late last night, I figured somebody on here would KNOW :D and help

I saw the $2300.00 package :surprise: , but that was about all I could find.

Next question, should I take my mini truck? or just drive the pickup to each stage? from looking at Flash Earth, looks like the stages are pretty spread out, similar to the Ozarks 3G match.

We're pretty amped to go to RC, been wanting to go to a match there for a while, just never worked out.

You are welcome to bring the mini-truck, however, the pickup truck will work out better. You can drive to the stages. Some stages will be located in Thunder Valley about three miles down the highway from the Lodge.

I need to send my ap in I guess...

Bryan is the beer truck gonna be there?

I'd say there will be beer in many trucks!

As far as the "hospitality trailer", I do not know. But the bar inside the lodge has a good selection of brew.

Need some HELP

I called the Lodge to ask about parking my trailer they said , NO , nearest place is 2-3 miles away.

Is there someone ELSE I need to call? ? I would MUCH rather park on site if possible, NO hookups are needed.

ANYBODY take their RV ? ? where do you park ?

Edited by toothandnail