Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mmmmmm, blue Koolaid.

I am 350 rounds deep into the demise of my progressive reloading virginity.

Bought a 650, a case feeder and all the goodies from Beno... arrived in three (shipping) days. One evening assembly and adjusting dies/powder drop.

Most time consuming thing is feeding the primer tubes and case feeder.

I know, not a very informative post, but had to howl to people who would understand. LOL...

I recently got a 650 with a case feeder after years of loading on a Pro1000 and a LNL. The LNL is an absolute piece of crap. Would never run a 100 rounds without an issue, mainly caused by the case feeder. I'm 1200 rounds into the 650 and have not had one issue. Should have listened to everyone and got it the first time around

2nd night with my new press and I am a 1000 .38's deep with no issues. Wellll not EXACTLY true.

I did manage to turn a full primer tube over after forgetting to put the clip in. Pretty sure you only do that once... I hope.

You know how long it took to single stage a 1000 rounds? Good grief I am so over that nonsense.

Line from "Freaks", right? That's going back a long ways....

Yeah, the 650 with case feeder is the way to go. I bought on on Craigslist not too long ago. Was going to process my "stash" then re-sell most of it and get a 550 for day to day reloading. However after batch processing brass, WITH the Dillon case trimmer, case collator and all the other goodies there is no going back to anything less. The savings in time and effort are simply to nice...

As for the primers I load as many tubes as I will need for my reloading session. Can prefill upto 500 if need be. Just fill them during "down time" and set them aside for use later. Makes a much more enjoyable experience not having to stop and peck primers....

one of us, one of us

The Dillon is hands-down the best use of money in my entire gun-having experience.

Yeah, the 650 with case feeder is the way to go. I bought on on Craigslist not too long ago. Was going to process my "stash" then re-sell most of it and get a 550 for day to day reloading. However after batch processing brass, WITH the Dillon case trimmer, case collator and all the other goodies there is no going back to anything less. The savings in time and effort are simply to nice...

As for the primers I load as many tubes as I will need for my reloading session. Can prefill upto 500 if need be. Just fill them during "down time" and set them aside for use later. Makes a much more enjoyable experience not having to stop and peck primers....

You know that is probably the easiest and most sensible route to take due to the cost, but that RF100 primer filler is calling my name. For some reason I'm still pretty good at getting them jammed up in the pickup tube and once in awhile I get one upside down. :(

And +1 on the trimmer with case feeder. There just isn't a better way.

Edited by Shadowrider

I just took a scrap 2x4 and drilled a couple holes that holds all my primer tubes right by my press. Screwed it to the backstop of my bench, from behind of course, working great so far. Fill em all before I start a session, so i have the 100 in machine and 500 at the ready.

Congrats on the machine man! I am pretty new to the 650 as well.

Edited by vdub5818

Aah, 100 primer pick up. Don't say it will only happen once, becuase the longer you reload, the more of a chance it will happen again.

Good point! I should have said it has "only" happened once so far. LOL