Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The BEST MATCH EVER!

rhino

In case I haven't called everyone on the telephone yet . . .

:wub:

I MET JULIE GOLOSKI TODAY!

:wub:

And she's even cuter and nicer in person than she is on television!

And she shoots really, really well (but you all knew that).

Did I mention that I got to meet :wub: Julie Goloski :wub: today?

Oh, I think I might have shot some of the stages too, but I don't really remember. :lol:

I think it would've been nice of you to let her stand in front, waaay in front. A lot more of Julie, a little less of you.

Does this mean the Catholic church will be recieving a little larger donation this week (for prayers answered)? :D

I'm the one on the left.

Glad you told us --- we might never have figured that out otherwise.....

Just call me Mr. Helper! ;)

So, how'd you shoot?

Shoot ... hmm ... oh, yeah! I think I did shoot the match. I have no idea what my hit factors were like (low because of the time, probably), but I had no penalties or misses all day! I think that's a first for me in a major match, and very cool since I had problems at the Indiana and Kentucky Section Matches. At Kentucky I had three no-shoots and two mikes on the first stage I shot, then it started getting bad after that.

I don't really remember reloading, which means that my reloads went well. I don't remember most of the shots I took, which means that went well too. If I had any D hits, it was only one or two at the most and I didn't shoot many Cs either. I'd had accuracy problems in a class I had last weekend, so I wanted to make sure I hit the targets this time.

Other than being a little too conservative and going too slowly, the only real problem I had was that I did a poor job of shooting as I was coming into a shooting position. I did great with my shooting on the move, but when I was moving and not shooting, it seemed like forever between the time I stopped and when I broke my first shot from that spot. I made a little progress in that area over the last year, but I just wasn't doing very well at it yesterday.

I was going to shoot a US Popper on the move once, but as I was getting ready to fire, I lost confidence and decided that if I missed, I was going to have to stop and shoot it anyway, so why not eliminate the first miss and just get it right. Next time I'll trust myself under those circumstances and take the shot.

I was in a really fun squad too. A couple of wiseguys from Michigan got BSeevers to engage in some impressive gymnastics on the last two shots in our last stage. I've never seen aerial IPSC shooting before, but he got a couple of reshoots, so now I've seen it three times. It looked cool, but he got low marks from the Russian judge because the vault didn't have very much vertical amplitude on the reshoots. He nailed the landing, though. :lol:

Did I remember to tell you that I met :wub: Julie Goloski? :wub:

I think it would've been nice of you to let her stand in front, waaay in front. A lot more of Julie, a little less of you.

Does this mean the Catholic church will be recieving a little larger donation this week (for prayers answered)?

That idea looks good on paper, but then I would have been looking at her and not the camera ... and there would be photographic evidence to submit for the restraining order.

Damn Rhino, for someone who is so happy you couldn't manage a smile? I bet you were just in shock! I watched Julie Goloski shoot a little down at Area 3. She is cute, and she shoots really well.

Dude, I was so excited that you're lucky I'm not a blur from vibrating in place! I was so giddy that I was afraid I might have to pee. :lol:

Who am I kidding. I peed a little. :rolleyes:

It took a some Thorazine and a Xanax IV drip to calm me down enough to shoot the match. That made the drive home "interesting," but apparently I made it.

Other than being a little too conservative and going too slowly, the only real problem I had was that I did a poor job of shooting as I was coming into a shooting position. I did great with my shooting on the move, but when I was moving and not shooting, it seemed like forever between the time I stopped and when I broke my first shot from that spot. I made a little progress in that area over the last year, but I just wasn't doing very well at it yesterday.

I may be able to help a little with that --- since it's something I've been working on as well. During the walk through, I look for what (parts of ) targets will appear first as I'm approaching a position. If I'm coming up on a port that has four paper in it for instance, and I see the head of the right center target first, that's my cue to slow down and index the gun. As soon as I can see enough of the A-zone (preferably the lower) I shoot it on the move. Generally as I continue to move other targets will start to appear and I just transition onto them. Sometimes you cna shoot the whole port without really stopping --- shooting a couple of targets on approach, and the rest while backing out. Even if you do have to stop, you've already knocked off one or two targets by the time you stop --- so that's less time standing.

It's a little harder with positions where I have to lean out around walls --- there I'm usually looking for the place where I want my feet to go.....

I may be able to help a little with that --- since it's something I've been working on as well. During the walk through, I look for what (parts of ) targets will appear first as I'm approaching a position. If I'm coming up on a port that has four paper in it for instance, and I see the head of the right center target first, that's my cue to slow down and index the gun. As soon as I can see enough of the A-zone (preferably the lower) I shoot it on the move. Generally as I continue to move other targets will start to appear and I just transition onto them. Sometimes you cna shoot the whole port without really stopping --- shooting a couple of targets on approach, and the rest while backing out. Even if you do have to stop, you've already knocked off one or two targets by the time you stop --- so that's less time standing.

That's a good idea ... it makes sense to "get ready" when you start seeing what you need to see!

The pic is dark on my screen so I printed it- I can't see Miss Julie's right hand..... she didn't take your wallet or anything did she? 

A gentleman doesn't discuss such things in detail, but that wasn't my wallet. B)

So, is it Kim or Julie? Make up your mind, man!

Oh, man! You're killing me. In an ideal world, there's clearly enough of me to go around, so they could share. :rolleyes:

Either that or I could wear them on my shoulders like epaulets. Or maybe cufflinks. :lol:

Damn Rhino, for someone who is so happy you couldn't manage a smile? I bet you were just in shock! I watched Julie Goloski shoot a little down at Area 3. She is cute, and she shoots really well.

Dude, I was so excited that you're lucky I'm not a blur from vibrating in place! I was so giddy that I was afraid I might have to pee. :lol:

Who am I kidding. I peed a little. :rolleyes:

It took a some Thorazine and a Xanax IV drip to calm me down enough to shoot the match. That made the drive home "interesting," but apparently I made it.

Iniformation overload!

she sure is all smiles

ill bet shes thinking ----- I MET RHINO ! :D

bet she called all her friends about the pic too :wub:

You are clearly an erudite and perceptive individual! ;)

hehe, congrats rhino

Heh! Somehow I think congratulations are in order! Thanks!

Re: tranq darts ... just make sure you use "enough." If you've seen some of those old episodes of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" with Marlin Perkins, you'll know what happens when Jim Fowler didn't give the rhino quite enough in the dart ... :lol:

Rhino, As D-Lo was telling us about the photo J-Lo walked away quickly. I think she was crushed. You know you are her emergency backup. And now your having your photo taken with this Julie person. Use them and loose them. The Rhino mantra of love.