Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 holster that will be legal for USPA, 3Gun & Steel Challen

Mike41

As the title says, is there a holster that will work for a Glock 34 and be legal for USPA, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge?

I would like to only have to get 1 holster instead of having several to shoot the different disciplines.

Thanks,

Mike

nj mike,

Is there a specific model of blade tech that will work?

I went to the web site and there are several listed under the OWB tab such as the dropped and offset, the stingray that is IDPA approved, the belt holster. What is different from Tek Loc vs. SRB loop. Then on the Competition Series tab there are holsters like Black Ice DOH, and just Black Ice holster. So many choices that look so similar. Also, should I consider something that is also IDPA as well?

Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Mike

Because the demands for 3G are requiring more movement and awkward positions, I just picked up a Bladetech WRS retention holster. This will work great for all the matches you listed but you cant use the doh attachment in IDPA.

The BladeTech DOH is just the Stingray with a dropped and offset bracket on it. Get the DOH. If you want to try IDPA then just remove the bracket and you are legal. I prefer the belt loop over tech locks since you are not really going to be pulling it off and on a lot if you get a CRSpeed or DAA belt to go with it. If you are just going to hang it on your regular leather belt then the tech locks are easier to get off and on.

I have been using a Side Armor holster with the drop attatchment for 3Gun and USPSA for several years and it works very well. For IDPA I guess you could take off the drop attatchment and be legal.

Tom