Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran needs a ride

ChandlerSniper158

Hey guys,

Taran Butler is looking for someone who is looking to share a ride at the IDPA Nationals. He`s looking to share a rental car from the airport to the range/hotel for the weekend. He is shooting Friday and Sat. Any interested partys please contact him at (805) 520-3624.

Thanks,

CS#158

He's in my squad for Friday and Saturday....how far away is the airport - it is Little Rock, can't be far.

We're staying about 0.6 miles from the match hotel so he's welcome to hitch a ride with the REDMIST EXPRESS. If he doesn't want to drive around by himself I'd consider picking him up at the airport. We hope to get there Wednesday and watch on Thursday - leave Sunday morning.

- just checked = roughly 21 miles from the airport to the match hotel. I'm game if he wants to ride with us. Now if I can get TGO, Jerry and Kay, and a couple of others....

Who? :P

With his ability, he's going to make those tactically-minded IDPA folks' brains short circuit.

While I appreciate Taran's abilities, I'm sure the IDPA match staff will see nothing that they haven't seen from Rob Leatham, Dave Sevigny, Rob Haught, Earnest Langdon, or others. I don't believe Taran will have any issues with "Tactically Minded" SO's as long as he follows the IDPA rules and procedures. If he's coming into this match with NO prior IDPA experience, his fast times will be offset by procedurals. However, with Taran's experience, he most certainly has played the IDPA game somewhere and understands the rules.

Don't forget Sevigny has been shooting the IDPA nats for at least 4 years, he's "learned us" pretty good. Ditto a lot of other fine competitors, including some who post to this very board.

I can guarantee you Taran is far from the only competitive minded shooter who will be at or who has shot at IDPA nationals. In fact, I would consider the 'competitors' (or gamers if you so choose to label them) to be the vast majority of shooters in this event.

I hope he does well. Just got my Front Sight today and am reading a blurb on him.

Ted

Taran finished first in ESP and high overall at the CA. State IDPA championship last month. Not only did he win high overall, but he finished 16 seconds ahead of the next compeitior (over 9 stages). He was only 11 points down for the entire match. There were several high caliber shooters in the match. Pretty impressive.

Taran finished first in ESP and high overall at the CA. State IDPA championship last month. Not only did he win high overall, but he finished 16 seconds ahead of the next compeitior (over 9 stages). He was only 11 points down for the entire match. There were several high caliber shooters in the match. Pretty impressive.

that score will make a lot of tactical ninjas shake their heads in dismay and would ask him what shoes he is wearing :D

Taran should wear tight spandex with a cape so tactical ninjas will just dismiss him till he shoots a stage :D:D:D

Taran should wear tight spandex with a cape so tactical ninjas will just dismiss him till he shoots a stage :D  :D  :D

Have you ever been to the IDPA nationals?

Ted

Obviously he has never been to a sanctioned match.

Taran shoots an STI. He can use up all that minor power factor ammo he had at Rocky Mountain becasue ESP is only a 125 floor.

Whoever drives him back and forth, he likes to go to the movies after shooting.

It sounds like Taran needs a babysitter! :lol:

Hmm ... maybe I am projecting a little. Obviously I need constant adult supervision.

In any case, another super good shooter shooting more than one sport is a good thing for all of us.

had 2 thropies first and 3rd at a local match idpa here in the philippines. im more of ipsc guy, i get into top 10 occasionally on major matches.

sorry guys if i offended you. i just hate when the tactical ninjas tells me i screwed up the stage after shooting it. (something like shooting too fast)when the results come in and they see that i have beat them by a mile. they dont want to talk to me anymore.

the matches i attend are ipsc sanctioned. dont know about the 2 matches that were idpa, i dismissed shooting idpa ever since shooters there seem to be hostile against ipsc shooters.

That would be "Shooting USA" on the OLN.

"Shooting Gallery" is a completely different (and better) show on the Outdoor Channel, hosted by our own Michael Bane.

Sorry, get those mixed up. outdoor channel is the one I don't get on my TV t hough. Guess you need sattelite for that one.

Ted

yeah, we should all get along but i think its the competitive spirit or self defence spirit that cant get along with each other.

I already sold my idpa stuff and pistol since someone had a stupid idea of charging $200+/year for our carry permits from $50 dollars (equivalent). With that kind of money ill just spend it in ammo and enjoy. besides we can carry by just bringing the pistol with us and claim we are going to the range.

Have a great day