LED lights for inside press on ebay.

KentG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a question about these. Where are you guys doing your loading that you need such a concentrated light inside the press? Ya'll got Bat Caves or something? Loading in the cover of night deep in the bowels of the man cave?

Have a question about these. Where are you guys doing your loading that you need such a concentrated light inside the press? Ya'll got Bat Caves or something? Loading in the cover of night deep in the bowels of the man cave?

I think it is all about how well lit the area really is. Mine is in the basement where I have very controllable lighting. With fixtures on each end of the bench I do not have to deal with shadows. Until i put the lighting up I had to deal with shadows making it difficult to easily determine if the case had powder in it or not.

I think it is all about how well lit the area really is. Mine is in the basement where I have very controllable lighting. With fixtures on each end of the bench I do not have to deal with shadows. Until i put the lighting up I had to deal with shadows making it difficult to easily determine if the case had powder in it or not.

Fixture placement as well. Plenty of light in my garage but the fixtures are directly overhead and slightly behind me so it doesn't help me see inside the case under the toolhead.

Fixture placement as well. Plenty of light in my garage but the fixtures are directly overhead and slightly behind me so it doesn't help me see inside the case under the toolhead.

I have two double light fixtures above my bench. Still, these lights light up the area RIGHT WHERE THE WORK IS. Makes it a lot easier to see everything very well that's on the shellplate.

I have two double light fixtures above my bench. Still, these lights light up the area RIGHT WHERE THE WORK IS. Makes it a lot easier to see everything very well that's on the shellplate.

Too bad my builder didn't consult yours about fixture placement. Without another light I can't see powder in the bottom third of a .45 case let alone inside a .223 case.

I have thrown it out there before but anyway here is a cheap option if you have an Ikea nearby. Weird name Jansjo but it is a great cheap really bright led with a weighted base. $10 from ikea at the store or like $15 from amazon. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20169658/

Worth trying for your bat cave or man cave or wherever you are trying to reload in the dark.

Anyone tried making their own? You can get whole rolls of the LED lights for cheap and it looks like some very minor soldering is needed (or you can buy clip together hardware to avoid the need for soldering...but that costs more than solder). 12VDC transformers are always left over from stuff...so don't really need to buy one of those.

I'm very tempted to buy a roll, use the tiny bit that would fit on my RL550B, and then see about using the rest in my safe.

I have thrown it out there before but anyway here is a cheap option if you have an Ikea nearby. Weird name Jansjo but it is a great cheap really bright led with a weighted base. $10 from ikea at the store or like $15 from amazon. http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/20169658/

Worth trying for your bat cave or man cave or wherever you are trying to reload in the dark.

Is that tall enough to be useful on a 550 with strong mount?

I did pick up a reel of LEDs and made my own for my 650.

I used 6 LEDs (60 cents worth of the reel), a 12V power pack (free from work), some wire (free from work) and some heat shrink (you know from where). The double stick tape on the LED strip isn't very good, But the Dillon Blue tape (blue painters tape) works fine.

I did pick up a reel of LEDs and made my own for my 650.

I used 6 LEDs (60 cents worth of the reel), a 12V power pack (free from work), some wire (free from work) and some heat shrink (you know from where). The double stick tape on the LED strip isn't very good, But the Dillon Blue tape (blue painters tape) works fine.

Where'd you buy the roll, and for roughly how much $? I've seen them online (5M) for anywhere from about $12 to $70...and I'm not sure why there's such a difference (crazy markup, different quality). I know there are different grades of water resistance (non, resistant, proof/submersible). I'm guessing for an indoor press, either non or resistant would be fine.

Hey guys, you can buy the LED's from any hobby shop, they have rolls of it. What I did was buy this little buglit from lowes. Just wrap it around the seating die and point it down into the case. Works like a charm and is cheap. here is a link to what it is but you can buy them at Lowes.

I threw one on a new setup i'm going thru now so you could see what it looks like

http://www.niteize.c...duct/BugLit.asp

post-42571-0-01098500-1354197627_thumb.j

Edited by lablover

Cute bug lite. But like njl says about the batteries.

waterproof leds http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZUYI72

non-waterproof http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QQ1YOM

12V power supply http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Adapter-Power-Supply-12VDC/dp/B006GEPUYA

note that you are "right on the edge of capacity" to power the entire reel with this power supply.

you just have to solder the correct wire to the led pads

What the heck. For $11, I'll try rolling my own. I know I have some 12VDC supplies laying around, so I don't even need to buy that...and for a small strip, of say 3-6 LEDs, any 12VDC supply should be more than enough.